Military Wrangler MT/R's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the tire the military uses on the H1's. From my understanding you can get them used for really cheap. Anytime the military sends an H1 overseas they scrap the tires on it and put new ones, even if they are already new. I remember coming across a post on Pirate4x4 where someone posted a link of a place that sold them for around $80 a tire or something.

That's about all I know about them though.

**edit**

Goodyear Tire Radial 37x12.50R16.5 Take Off's

Last edited:

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the tire the military uses on the H1's. From my understanding you can get them used for really cheap. Anytime the military sends an H1 overseas they scrap the tires on it and put new ones, even if they are already new. I remember coming across a post on Pirate4x4 where someone posted a link of a place that sold them for around $80 a tire or something.

**edit**

Interesting, I didn't even realize they only came in one size ooops :ROFLJest:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder what makes them so special or if it's just becasue the government buys them they charge that much for them.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

**edit**

Interesting, I didn't even realize they only came in one size ooops :ROFLJest:

I wonder what makes them so special or if it's just becasue the government buys them they charge that much for them.
Those MT/R's listed on Tire Rack are not military HMMWV tires,They use a different style Wrangler(2 actually but the bias ply is outdated and no longer made) and are load range D.

Those tires you listed on Tire Rack are for civilian H1's with 16.5" steel wheels as replacements since the military versions really suck(radial versions and not DOT approved).The bias ply version are only 36" tires and are killer offroad on a heavy vehicle like the HMMWV.

Members online

No members online now.