Mihail's 2006 Liberty CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
I just bought it on eBay. 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD, 76K miles.
On Tuesday I'll get the paperwork and hopefully in the next 10 days I'll have it in my driveway.

MB

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello & Welcome!

Hello and Welcome. Great Choice :happy107: Since you have about 10 days till you get it in your driveway, it's plenty of time to have some accessories ordered and waiting to be installed when your Jeep arrives!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new jeep and welcome.

Dave

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
I just received the car title from the seller, and surprised to find out that it was a repo... Should I be concerned? Should this fact be reported by AutoCheck? Should the dealer reveal the fact that it is a repo? My concern is that if the ownesr didn't make the payments they probably didn't maintain it either... :(

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
I just received the car title from the seller, and surprised to find out that it was a repo... Should I be concerned? Should this fact be reported by AutoCheck? Should the dealer reveal the fact that it is a repo? My concern is that if the ownesr didn't make the payments they probably didn't maintain it either... :(

Get the vin number and take it to a dealer, they can look up all work that was done, I would get all the fluids changed, just so you know from when it was done. The transmission and transfer case along with the front and rear differential and don't forget the fuel filter, clean diesel is a must.
How many owners? by looking at the pictures it's a good looking jeep.
Since it's got over 20,000 miles, you shouldn't have any problem with cali emissions, from what I was told.

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
Get the vin number and take it to a dealer, they can look up all work that was done, I would get all the fluids changed, just so you know from when it was done. The transmission and transfer case along with the front and rear differential and don't forget the fuel filter, clean diesel is a must.
How many owners? by looking at the pictures it's a good looking jeep.
Since it's got over 20,000 miles, you shouldn't have any problem with cali emissions, from what I was told.

I got my Jeep last night. It looks and drives OK. Here are few things that are missing: No fobs just one plain key, missing owners manual, missing the jack (that's important). While I was looking for the jack, I noticed that the seat frame has a lot of surface rust... Both front seats. WTF?
Anyway my wife says that because it's not perfect I would be less reluctant to use it with my home made biodiesel.

n3tninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take a pic of the rust. It's probably just minor anyway and I wouldn't be worried about it. Having worked in around Canton, GA for a while (if it was from there like the ad says) the rust is either from the high humidity, or they probably got caught leaving the windows open during a storm. Mine has it two for the same reasons and probably also from steaming the carpets a few times.

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
Can you take a pic of the rust. It's probably just minor anyway and I wouldn't be worried about it. Having worked in around Canton, GA for a while (if it was from there like the ad says) the rust is either from the high humidity, or they probably got caught leaving the windows open during a storm. Mine has it two for the same reasons and probably also from steaming the carpets a few times.

I'll take pictures in the morning and post them.
If you follow the history from the AutoCheck report you can see that it didn't spend much time in Georgrgia. It started in NC then TN and then few month in FL... The dealer brought it from FL and put it on eBay. I drove it this morning and it seams that it drives fine. I don't have anything to compare it to.

Mihail

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
Seat frame rust

I'll take pictures in the morning and post them.
If you follow the history from the AutoCheck report you can see that it didn't spend much time in Georgrgia. It started in NC then TN and then few month in FL... The dealer brought it from FL and put it on eBay. I drove it this morning and it seams that it drives fine. I don't have anything to compare it to.

Mihail

I just took some pics of underside of the passenger seat. Is that much rust normal?

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 12
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 11
  • seat3.jpg
    seat3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
Replaced the HU

On Saturday I replaced the HU that came with it. The unit was the basic one and it looked like has been replaced (it was not screwed in just held by the bezel).
After removing the HU I found the following cable with this strange connector. Is it Sat. radio connector of CD changer?

Also... Is it normal for the metal stuff to be rusty?

Attachments

• radio1.jpg
    radio1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 9
  • radio2.jpg
    radio2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 9
  • radio3.jpg
    radio3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
As far as a satellite radio, is there a little black thing on the roof?, if so then it had a satellite radio at once. The rust I don't know about, the jeep has been in the south with a lot of humidity, maybe near the ocean? how do the other bare metal pieces look?

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
As far as a satellite radio, is there a little black thing on the roof?, if so then it had a satellite radio at once. The rust I don't know about, the jeep has been in the south with a lot of humidity, maybe near the ocean? how do the other bare metal pieces look?

Yes there is an Sirius antenna on the roof.
The rest of the body looks ok. I need to take a better look in the day time.

Mihail

JeepLibertyCRD2006

Reaction score
Failed smog...

Here is the latest:
I took it today for smog test... It failed.
It turns out that the MIL/Check Engine Light was disabled or the bulb has burned out. My guess is that the slimy dealer tampered with it. There were three codes stored, from which two didn't make any sense.

P0610 - ??? This KJ has an automatic trans.
P0401 - EGR.
P0299 - ???.

The thing is that I used my ODBII scanner the day the car arrived and there were no codes stored. I guess the dealer removed the battery or some other way to remove the codes.
The lesson: Always have the car inspected before committing to buy, especially when buying via the eBay.