Max Tire Size on stock rim and stock ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in dire need of new tires, these stock tires suck ass in the rain and I want to do alittle offroading too, but nothing too major......I was thinking about getting Pirelli Scorpion AT's in the size P245/70/R16...Will these work? here is the link to the tire..........

http://www.us.pirelli.com/en_US/tyres/catalog/tyre_category.jhtml?catid=US_SUVOF&productid=2631

Also, does anyone else have a tire suggestion in the size 245/70/R16 that they like without rubbing issues??

Keep in mind I am going to run these tires all year, with rain, snow, mud, so I need something that good in all weather conditions.

RIPGTP1997

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Pirelli Scorpion At's cause my dad has them on his truck n they r great in snow and all but if anyone has ne other suggestions let me know.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was stock I ran 245/70/16 Bridgestone Dueller Revo AT's with no rubbing! Also, check out the General Grabber AT's. I heard they are pretty sweet and very good on/off road and in wet/dry weather.

kolesy

Reaction score
If you want an AT tire, I would go with the BFG AT. In my experience with AT tires they were by far the cream of the crop.

J

Reaction score
I have an 06 Lib Limited CRD with 16in wheels. Would I be able to get the 245/70/16 tires on that with out any rubbing? How big can I go with out any modifacations?

I assume those posting sizes in this thread have Renegades which at least appear to have a bigger fenderwell area.

Zonie

Reaction score
I just put Revo 245/70 16 on mine. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! No rubbing, even at full lock. No modifications needed. They're 1% bigger than stock in circumference. A month of research on various forums and tire sites told me that's as big as I could go. That's plenty for me. The car feels much stronger and more stable, especially on high speed highway turns. Also seems to make potholes and bumps feel smaller.

When you replace your tires make sure to have them check your allignment. Mine was totally out of whack after only 6500 mi. and a few back roads.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
J said:
I assume those posting sizes in this thread have Renegades which at least appear to have a bigger fenderwell area.
They don't.

Zonie said:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:01 pm Post subject:
I just put Revo 245/70 16 on mine. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! No rubbing, even at full lock. No modifications needed. They're 1% bigger than stock in circumference. A month of research on various forums and tire sites told me that's as big as I could go. That's plenty for me. The car feels much stronger and more stable, especially on high speed highway turns. Also seems to make potholes and bumps feel smaller.
Ha! I thought the same. I think it's more related to the size (width) of the tyre. The stock size tyres just seem to sink in the potholes. The wider tread just goes over them. amazing what a difference an inch makes.