Lug Locks off of eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have been looking at the miracle luglocks off of ebay, here is a warning. If you have rims with recessed lug holes this product will not work! (Well you'll get it on, just not off!). It is a two piece system that requires a wrench to remove. Since you cannot get a wrench into the recessed holes...well you know. Here is what I'm talking about:

2005 Limited 17" rims with recessed lug holes:

You must be registered for see images

and the instructions for the product:

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i have a set of those...pretty ingenious..now i got locks for the spare and the spare mount...put back the original bolts too...

oh yeah..they DO NOT go on the spare itself, but on the SPARE TIRE MOUNT...i'll take pics in a bit

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
here are some pics...

and a shot of my spare with the mopar wheel lock....

i bought it from the same folks..upper bound....
it takes minutes to install not seconds...LOL
took me about 15 minutes.....spare removal......getting the spare mount lug out was a B*tch....

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my issue is they advertise this as a way to prevent spare tire theft and it will not do that, you can still unbolt the spare tire if this is under the spare on the mount...unless i'm missing something! :) Anyway I thought it would be a good idea to let everyone see what it is really for before they spent any $$$ on it

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
back then, the locks for the spare was standard issue..i guess now it's not...
having both will definitly make ur spare 99.999999999% theft proof...having one or the other will still make it vulenrable....

the spare can still be stolen..even with the spare tire lock....the mount can still be taken off..(with a nice long crecent wrench...it's not hard even with the spare still on) hence why they are advertising it as such....

when i bought mine, they had a photo similar to the one I took showing where the thing goes....

i agree, it is a bit confusing....I wasnt trying to downplay to what u were saying or anything....just clearing some air....

KJ_LoKi

Reaction score
locks

Nothing is theft proof, however this is something that may take the would be thief longer to defeat. I bought a couple and put them on opposite corners of the spare mount and torqued them pretty good. I tried to take them off w/ anything and everything (including vise grips) and they were surprisingly effective (not a paid spokesperson...!). Those in conjunction w/ the actual wheel locks will help you save a tire... my .02. If ya need pics, lemme know.
-Lance

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah yes i see where it will go now...

no problems here, i just wanted to post it so folks knew what they were buying and how it was applied before they bought it...

me i'm trying to make it so the crackheads can't steal it in a parking lot. walked into an arbys yesterday and saw a shopping cart guy stop and take a long look at that rear spare...so those wheel locks go on this weekend as well as these things from ebay. if they want it they will have to work for it...

most are looking for a quick snatch and run. when i lived in upstate new york we had a druggie go through the lot a couple times taking the spares until someone caught him. he got brave enough to try one right in front of the silvered out windows. his downfall was the auto owner was right inside the window and as soon as he started wrenching he called the cops...I think he got 5 or 6 spares before they caught him. The sad thing is this guy was not the ballsy one, we had a thief put on a construction hat, bring a tape measure, follow someone through the security doors, then walk around and case the office pretending to take measurements. He stole about a dozen purses in one day. They caught him buying food for drugs in the bad part of town on one of the credit cards "Sir you don't look like Janet" duhhhh

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bigfella, where are you at in SD? I spent a couple years in UTC (west of La Jolla) awhile ago. SD has more bums then I have ever seen. If I was a bum, that's were I would go too I guess due to the lovely year around weather!

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey grogie,

I'm East of Lajolla by about 8 miles. Rancho Penasquitos...it's between Poway and LaJolla. Still close enough to get the nice Ocean weather but far enough away for the housing prices to be less outrageous.

I agree bums love this place...you can live outdorrs very comfortably here. It generally stays in the 70's 11 months a year and the other 30 days is when the temp dips into the 50's and 60's at night. Very nice weather.