Lsd or full ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webb06kj

Reaction score
Searching for diffs that work for me, 2006 jeep liberty sport , OME lift , looking at lokka locks front and rear , but what about LSD for rear, locks for front ? Dunno hoping someone had come across this and what worked for them not doing alot of crawling or mudding mostly trails and snow/sand, not crazy about air locks due to price 1,000 for locks then 500 for air .... would like selectable locks if possible...:insane:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lokka locks are lunchbox lockers. Not being strong is one of their weak points. For the rear, you can get by with a lunchbox locker, but it will affect handling, and the things are noisy. You could get the Detroit Locker, which is an auto locker and unlike lunchbox lockers, is an entire carrier and much stronger. After that in the locker realm, you have air lockers from ARB, and maybe the Ox locker. For LSD, only one is worth while, and that's the Truetrac from Eaton/Detroit. It's a clutchless design and less problematic as a result. I'm putting that in mine.

In the front, things get a little more involved. Remember, we don't have a center disconnect, so the front driveline spins whenever the vehicle moves, 2wd or 4wd. As a result, I've been told lunchbox lockers and auto lockers cause a lot of issues in handling, and wear and tear of the front drivetrain. So either a LSD or a selectable locker. There is the ARB, and there are electric or E lockers out there. Not heard great things about the E lockers however. Otherwise there is the Truetrac in front. Now with that being said, do you have a 6speed manual with V6, or an automatic? 6speed manual, no matter what you do, it will all but require you to regear to 3.73 or 4.10 gears. The 3.54 gears in the D30 require a different carrier, and not many choices are available for them. Automatics have 3.73 gears already.

Truetracs are about $565 online for the rear, and about $390 up front. No need for air lines etc., and will likely do what you want. Just remember you still have to budget for install labor and bearings and lube.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online