lower ball joint boots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While replacing the hub bearing, I noticed the left lower ball joint boot has cracked and is leaking. I see there was a recall, done in 2006 on this vehicle by previous owner.
Does Chrysler replace them again, or are we on our own with replacement? Also, I think I caught it in time, and the joints are still lubed, can I just swap in new boots?
Thanks!

PIMking13

Reaction score
well mine did the same thing and I called the dealer and they were not under recall for some reason. I did them myself and boy they were a PITA to get out of the knuckle. what should've been an easy job took me nearly an hour of heating and beating to get it out. I even had a press and that wasn't working.

tomrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer told me I'd have to drop it off to see if it qualifies for the recall (it would be the second replacement, apparently). Two appointments needed. He told me recalls are 'lifetime', but not sure how many times they will replace the same parts. One more set should last as long as we keep the vehicle.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just get a good set of greaseable ones and be done
Mine was under the recall but I never took it in, jsut did it myself and then done right with right parts