lower a arm bushing replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jramey

Reaction score
So I've descovered my bushings in my lower a arms in the front to be the culprit of my mysterious shimmy/wobble. I was curious to see if anyone had a decent write up of how to fix this so I can see what all I will need

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck.A torch,50ton press,and alot of cursing after a couple of hours you may get them out.

I bought the correct special tools to remove/install them and they broke in 30 seconds.Just bought new LCA's and was cheaper,easier,and all 3 bushings already installed.

jramey

Reaction score
Good luck.A torch,50ton press,and alot of cursing after a couple of hours you may get them out.

I bought the correct special tools to remove/install them and they broke in 30 seconds.Just bought new LCA's and was cheaper,easier,and all 3 bushings already installed.

Price for new lowers?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well crap, its about cheeper to pay a shop to do it
Dealers around here and other places quote about $1200 to replace them,they know how labor intensive it is.If you find a cheaper place they will be hating you,more so the tech as he will loose big $$$ on that job.Good luck.

Oh and a alignment will be needed after also as the LCA mount bolts also set your front camber/caster.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Bushes were cheap from Morris 4x4 and a couple of hours per side max. Maybe it cost me NZ$350 (about US$300). I have the upper arm bushes in a box ready to go too!!

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Break down for mine (done last year)
Bushings $90
Press out old and in new $110
A couple beers and an afternoon of messing around.
Total: $200 plus beer. Did all but the pressing myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and bought 2 used ones at the scrap yard off a KJ with about 25k Kms. $100 each, painted them black, slapped them on and never looked back.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I went and bought 2 used ones at the scrap yard off a KJ with about 25k Kms. $100 each, painted them black, slapped them on and never looked back.

I kind of did the same. I replaced my drivers side LCA with a used one from a donor KJ with 40K miles on them for $50.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the bushings in mine with a press, mapp gas, and some busted toes. I would hit up a junkyard. Much easier and less time involved!