Low Coolant Warning Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denisoft

Reaction score
Hi!
I had some engine job at service, I had to replace Rocker arms and lifters, so to do that I had to remove pretty much of engine. Everything is OK now but, Low Coolant Warning light is on. Of course I checked Coolant :) Maybe they somehow damaged coolant sensor, becaouse they tried to wash bottle inside because it was dirty of oil (last time I had oil leak into watter - oil cooler was broken).

Any idea how to fix it?

How does this sensor work? Is it ON/OFF, or resistor kind, if yes, how can I test it?

I bought used bottle, maybe ths will fix my problem?! Will post results.

Jeep Liberty 2005, 2,8 CRD

tnx

denisoft

Reaction score
I checked my new bottle and sensor to see how it works: when I flip bottle, there is clicking sound; it is float bowl (I hope I wrote it correct, English is not my native language) with magnet, and sensor is with reed relay and resistor, so, on low Coolant there is zero ohm on sensor, but on normal level there is 3,3kohm on sensor. So for test I connect resistor instead sensor on my Jeep, and there was no Warning Light :) . After replacing bottle, everything is OK.
On old bottle there was no clicking sound, because float bowl was stuck with leftowers of oil (oil was like a glue)!