Lost Ability to Drive on highway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty06SK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i was driving with the family on highway when we were met with a sprayer (farm equipment) i slowed down amd pulled over and we passed at maybe 50km/hr, when i tried to accelerate nothing happened. The jeeps engine did rev but did move anywhere or gain km. We rolled to a stop and got out looked ubderneath and nothing different then usual. I got back and staryed jeep again and put it to gear (seems to shift but not seeing a rpm change when shifting), pushed the gas pedal and again no movement but engine revs. I had my family with me and decided it was best to get off road so had it towed to the farm. I then got a ride back to city to grab code reader and tools. When i got back today all same symptons.

I put code reader on and have p0700 and p0740. I then thought well ill see what disconnecting the battery does. It does erase code and CEL but still same symptons. Crawled underneath and everything seems to be connected, so i guess my question is is there a way to distinguish between solenoids and tourque converter? Is it possible for solenoid to stick in a position where there is no drive? I keep reading that guys are still able to drive there vehicle to a shop, well mines dead lol.

Thanks for the Help and will post my findings

O its a 2006 jeep liberty 3.7L 4x4 with the 42rle transmission :)

Thanks again

Liberty06SK

Reaction score
Well took off the pan to see how it looked and see quite a bit of aluminum flakes tried uploading a picture but had to resize so much that wouldn't make put what was in it. I find it hard to believe that it grenaded with no signs or symptons previous. Jeep was very reliable and very minor previous issues (abs code was just a rubbed wire to rear right speed sensor) anyone else have this issue stated previous? I dpnt want to have to tear out ****** if thats not the case. If i dp pull it out is it pretty obvious if TC blew up?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when my tc went it used to intermittently shudder . The debris in the pan could be from the tc or it could be the solenoid pack stuffed.

2004 3.7 limited

Liberty06SK

Reaction score
when my tc went it used to intermittently shudder . The debris in the pan could be from the tc or it could be the solenoid pack stuffed.

2004 3.7 limited
K thanks, im pulling part where solenoids are, going to check that amd see if i notice anything in there. I hope its just solenoids. Just dont want to try that and that not be the answer. Will post an update

Liberty06SK

Reaction score
Well got the valvebody removed and not seeing any chunks and very minimal flakes. If a TC goes is it quite messy inside? Just hoping i have to replace solenoid bank and not whole unit. Time to wrap up for the day and read more on this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get new input and output speed sensors, and only get Mopar (trust me).

Members online

No members online now.