Lose weather strip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't take a pic, but I could if necessary. Has anyone else had the same problem of the piece of weather strip that is attached to the rear door that goes between the front and rear door always pulling off the door? I noticed there is no glue or adhesive (sp?) of any sort, just pinched on. Every once in a while when I'm getting my kid in or out, she points it out to me and then I just press it back onto the door. No biggie, just a PITA.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Same here. Only happens in the rain. I just stick it back on.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a dab of silicone sealent on ends and center works great and can be removed

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with Silicone is that it does break down and does not stick that well to rubber.
Use a marine grade polyurethane like Sikaflex, and it is good for years in any environment.
Roofing urethane is also awesome.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use black RTV

my cb coax goes through an interior notch in my rear weather stripping (not the window mating surface the pinch surface) i used black RTV to both seal it, and keep it from pushing back off the lip since there was a coax there with tension

i put the black rtv on, smoothed it over to make sure it didn't leak, shut the window and walked away

that was about a year ago

0 problems since

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought of some sort of black adhesive, but I wasn't sure if they were meant to move or to be "stuck" in place. I'll get some RTV this weekend. Thanks all!