Loose front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arjayc

Reaction score
I recently bought an '06 Liberty Limited (my first Jeep!) and I think the PO must of had a low impact front end collision. While there seems not to be any cosmetic damage, the front bumper is separated from the fender flares on both sides.

Does anyone know how to reattach the bumper to the flares? I looked up under the well liners and it seems that there may have been plastic "hooks" or something on the inner bottom edge of the flares that fit into the slot on the top edge of the bumper cover. If I'm correct and they are missing, is there a fix or will I need to replace the flares?

Thanks in advance.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know what you're talking about I think. Mine has those broke as well from me taking the bumper off, but my bumper doesn't sag one bit- there is no gap there. I'd double check the other rivets/clips to make sure those are all there, because having the broken hooks on the fender shouldn't really matter.

Moosemuffins

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty and I hated the bumper when I got it(still love the jeep though). I replaced it with an ARB bumper. Check them out.