Looking for new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsincav

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing some Grabber AT2's for my 07 KJ. This is stock for now and not sure when i will buy a lift for it. Questions are will 245/70-16 fit and will the rub, and where? Or are they to big . How are they in the snow and ice, work in the Poconos,Pa. How are they on the road and handling?
Thanks

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AT2's are a good tire and have met my offroad and on road needs up until now. They work good in many off road conditions. I have taken them through dirt, mud, rock, and snow with success. And they work well on road. They are also a decent winter/snow tire. They are not an ice tire however and need to be driven with care on ice. As soon as my new work vehicle arrives my jeep is going to become mainly an offroader so i am planning to buy some MT tires. The AT2's are a good compromise between on/off road but it is not a mud tire. Although I have gotten by with a little driving skill there are some muddy areas i would not drive in if i did not want to chance getting stuck. My guess is 245/70's will probably rub a little until the tread wears down. Mine did at first and they are only 225/75s.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/General-Grabber-AT-2.htm

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grabber AT2s in 245/70 16 are what I am currently running. Like icarl said, they are a great all around tire on and offroad. The 245/70 size only rubs for me when I am in reverse at full lock, like backing out of a tight parking space. Other than that I love the tires, their functionality, and the more rugged look that they give my KJ. I have pics if you are interested.

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
Hey,

Im running a 245/70/16 bfg longtrail right now. no lift on yet. no rub with them i wouldnt think you should rub and if there is any should be only a very small amount.

Matt