looking for best (on-line) price on CRAGAR'S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool!!!

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Looks familiar... (band2)
You must be registered for see images

Bennett

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, those DO look good!!!rockon.gif

Mine should be here in a week or so. I discided to get mine through Summitracing.com...Actually had a better price than Quadratec. Plus, Q-tec kept giving me the run-around about the shipping costs (remember, they were trying to charge me $800.00+ just to ship). Summit shipping was significantly lower....$22.00

Going to mount rims and my new Rancho's at the same time...

btw, did you order new lig nuts with those??

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
btw, did you order new lig nuts with those??

Nope. Though I do have a new set to install since my old ones are all scratched and scuffed.

Did you also order the center caps?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would call them or email to make sure that they will fit though, since they do specify which rims they use them for. They use the term universal a little loosely throughout the site.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777, could you tell you had any decrease in performance with the wheels+tires? The steelies weigh much more than the rims that came on the jeep, and then the bigger tire. Thats really the only thing holding me back, I do not want to loose the jeeps peppyness. I have decided to get the 255/70/16's and those rims you just showed, and my gosh do they look great!! I just set up my bank account but my card isnt here. As soon as it comes Im getting some!!

Why does it say: Wheel construction, 2 piece? Does the rim come apart?

Can you use the stock lugs? I really do not want to spend more money on lugs.

How far are you from eastern Ky jfortier777? We are planning a run in slade if you would like to come and its not to far. Sometime this month or next month.

How do you all believe the black rims would look on my jeep? I think it would look purty good but thats just me?

You must be registered for see images attach

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
fortier777, could you tell you had any decrease in performance with the wheels+tires?

Yes; but if you are asking if I cared... thats a no. Actually more like "NO" \:D/

jeepjeepster said:
Why does it say: Wheel construction, 2 piece? Does the rim come apart?

Nope. Unless you have an angle grinder handy.

jeepjeepster said:
Can you use the stock lugs? I really do not want to spend more money on lugs.

Stock lugs worked just fine for me. How bought you Bennett?

jeepjeepster said:
How far are you from eastern Ky jfortier777? We are planning a run in slade if you would like to come and its not to far. Sometime this month or next month.

354 mi (about 7 hours 17 mins) = $150 in gas round trip not counting gas for wheeling. Its a little bit too far right now, I still need a new lift and upper arms before I can really hit the trails again. Unfortunately I have been denied for 5 credit cards so far, so its gonna be a while before I am back on the dirt.[/quote]

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THIS IS IMPORTANT TO LOOK AT! IMPROPERLY MATCHED TIRE/WHEEL COMBOS ARE NOT OKAY!

You must be registered for see images attach

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Was that directed towards me? Every site Ive looked at says its ok to put a 255/70/16 or even a 245/70/16 on a 16x8 rim.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=General&model=Grabber+AT+2&tirePageLocQty=

Not really, more of a general piece of information. Although I would not get those tires if I was you, I would get the 265s They will fit the rim better, and will give you a better tread life and better handling, you can probably get them for the same price as the 255s too, as long as you barter for it.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
jfortier777 said:
THIS IS IMPORTANT TO LOOK AT! IMPROPERLY MATCHED TIRE/WHEEL COMBOS ARE NOT OKAY!

Was that directed towards me? Every site Ive looked at says its ok to put a 255/70/16 or even a 245/70/16 on a 16x8 rim.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=General&model=Grabber+AT+2&tirePageLocQty=

Actually, there is a little room in that chart. For example rubicon wheels are 16x8 and they are mount with 245/75R16 from the factory.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddo said:
Actually, there is a little room in that chart. For example rubicon wheels are 16x8 and they are mount with 245/75R16 from the factory.

Well, thats not too strange. A tire of that width will fit the 8" fine, but it will inevitably have worse tread wear than an equal tire on a 7". Automobile manufacturers have a long history of unequal tire/wheel matching, they often do it cause it looks better or fits better; and most people wont notice or care.
EDIT: That is not to say it will be "bad" tread wear, but it could be better tread wear

Also, like I had mentioned earlier in the thread, the tire/wheel combination has acceptable limits you can play around in.

Acceptable limits would be matching tread width to rim width within 2" of the rims ideal tread width

For example:

I wanted wide tires, so I bought the 265/70s. For the last 7k miles they have been sitting on 7" rims. They function beautifully and have no adverse affect offroad. However, because they are not a proper match the situation could be better.

My understanding is... If you are not dealing with limited parts and you are buying all new, than you should get something that is as close to a perfect match as is possible.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
jeepjeepster said:

Not really, more of a general piece of information. Although I would not get those tires if I was you, I would get the 265s They will fit the rim better, and will give you a better tread life and better handling, you can probably get them for the same price as the 255s too, as long as you barter for it.

I do not believe I will get a 265. 1, There is not way they would fit with my 1.5in ome lift. 2, I worry about the steering being able to handle it b/c Im starting to see them go bad on the L.O.S.T site. And 3, They weigh even more which would drop my mpg ever more and take more torque away.

You never did say how you thought those rims would look on my jeep. I need opinions!!

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I did it. Were planning a trip to slade and i wanted better tires+rims.

Products
Qty
Size and Description
Availability
Price Each
Total Price
4 255/70SR-16 General Grabber AT 2 In Stock $90.00 $360.00

Track this order Shipping: $85.44
Tax: $.00
Excise Tax: $.00
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $.00
Order Total Including Shipping:
$445.44

---------

4 92601 409 07 CRAGAR 397 16X8 5X4.5 5.0 BACKSPACE
3977812P 195.96
4 92600 902 CRAGAR CLOSED CENTER CAP FOR 5X4.5 WHLS 29270-
1 35.96

Total
$: 231.92

dnm45227

Reaction score
Man looks like you got a pretty good deal. Hope they get broke in well on the trip.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
Man looks like you got a pretty good deal. Hope they get broke in well on the trip.

Huh, when its over half what I made this summer it doesnt feel like a good deal. Ive been wanting to do this for about a week but i got sick when i thought of spending all that money on tires and rims. I think im going to bed and will not get up for a couple of days. Maybe when they get here Ill feel better about it? :-s

dnm45227

Reaction score
Look at it this way. You earned it, you made the decision to by them, and they will build into something you can use to reward yourself everytime you look at or use your jeep.

I'm sure once you get out of school, you'll realize how fortunate you were to have had to make decisions like this one.