lol..am i missing something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
::D just wondering, im trying to do an even trade for an air box and so far between here and over at L.O.S.T. ive had over 10 people say they are interested in a trade or want to trade. as soon as i contact them about it, i almost immediately get a pm back saying they are not interested anymore.:confused: Why? do i scare people? i can understand a change of the mind, but in just a few minutes? :confused::D seems like i cant give this away.:eek:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
::D just wondering, I'm trying to do an even trade for an air box and so far between here and over at L.O.S.T. Ive had over 10 people say they are interested in a trade or want to trade. as soon as i contact them about it, i almost immediately get a pm back saying they are not interested anymore.:confused: Why? do i scare people? i can understand a change of the mind, but in just a few minutes? :confused::D seems like i cant give this away.:eek:

It could be the fact that people do not want to remove their whole air filtration system and drive without one for a short period of time. (while the trading of said items are in transit) and wonder weather or not they are going to receive the traded item in the "Mint condition" as stated.
Or, the said person who wants to trade for your "Mint condition" K&N fresh Air Intake System does not actually have a "Mint or very near mint condition" stock, complete air filtration system to trade!

Better off buying a new, stock, complete air filtration system from a Chrysler/ Jeep dealership or Ebay (Or some other reseller like an auto wrecker) and then sell or trade your K&N fresh Air Intake System!

gmctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel engines have no throttle plate, drawing full displacement volume on each intake stroke even at idle, thus are subjected to damage at increased rate with free-flow intake air systems as compared to gassers (patooie!) with the identical systems because of the required throttle plate(s) - gassers (!) spend most of their useful life pumping air at ~20% displacement, even at hiway speeds, and at idle ~2-5%, as can be noted by the ~26"HG vacuum in the intake - the greater the intake vacuum level, the lower the actual displaced airflow volume - therefore, most educated Diesel owners now shy away from open intake systems, in addition to wanting their engines supplied with the fresh cool dense air available in front of the radiator bulkhead - airboxes are in, cones\equiv are out

A preponderance of those free-flowing intake air systems can be found on Diesel forums where a newbie's first request is "I wanna blow smoke - lots of black smoke looks really cool to my friends - tell me how I can blow smoke" - no cogito, ergo dumb...............

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If my intake was the same on my WK I'd swap out with ya. ;)

I'm no longer allowed to touch the KJ (in regards to tinkering) without permission. :(

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, the WK is one that would really benefit from a good intake unlike the kj. Not sure about the 3.7 in the WK but the 5.7 has hoses and boxes all over the place. :rolleyes:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, the WK is one that would really benefit from a good intake unlike the kj. Not sure about the 3.7 in the WK but the 5.7 has hoses and boxes all over the place. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it...in the Durango you have to disconnet a hose just to check the air filter.
The Durango HEMI was a different layout than the WK/XK HEMI. Maybe
I'll get pictures tonight of the 5.7.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
::D just wondering, im trying to do an even trade for an air box and so far between here and over at L.O.S.T. ive had over 10 people say they are interested in a trade or want to trade. as soon as i contact them about it, i almost immediately get a pm back saying they are not interested anymore.:confused: Why? do i scare people? i can understand a change of the mind, but in just a few minutes? :confused::D seems like i cant give this away.:eek:

It's your outfit. I think the feather boa is a little intimidating.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

There's hoses and boxes all over the place. I've been wondering if it's possible to eliminate that while still using stock parts... likely from a Liberty. :p

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my intake was the same on my WK I'd swap out with ya. ;)

I'm no longer allowed to touch the KJ (in regards to tinkering) without permission. :(

and why is that? sounds like a good story.:D

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't back out, as ya said Flair1111. I can't afford to remove my intake on my only method of transportation. When I can drive my Boulevard to work, then that's different. Not everyone backed out dude, I just can't take it all off, and wait. If you have another car to drive, you can send it, and I will send my intake. I know there are trust issues, both ways since you want me to send mine first. My Ebay record is 100%, that's all I can say...

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't back out, as ya said Flair1111. I can't afford to remove my intake on my only method of transportation. When I can drive my Boulevard to work, then that's different. Not everyone backed out dude, I just can't take it all off, and wait. If you have another car to drive, you can send it, and I will send my intake. I know there are trust issues, both ways since you want me to send mine first. My Ebay record is 100%, that's all I can say...

i didnt say you did. you are one of just a few who had a good reason. i understand that. no big deal.

im talking of the kind of PMs that says hey i want this right now, i gotta have this right now, i want to trade very bad...etc...then less than a minute or so after i contact, i get a short quick "nah ill keep just keep mine".

i drive mine almost everyday to so thats my deal, dude. the pm was enough of an explanation. ;)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Well, if warm weather rolls around, and you still have it, and I know I can ride the bike to work for about a week, then we'll deal... Otherwise, yeah, no can do this way... It sill all come out anyway, when I either make my own which is EASY, or buy one from Ebay and modify it.

Good luck dude, hope you can find someone locally...

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if warm weather rolls around, and you still have it, and I know I can ride the bike to work for about a week, then we'll deal... Otherwise, yeah, no can do this way... It sill all come out anyway, when I either make my own which is EASY, or buy one from Ebay and modify it.

Good luck dude, hope you can find someone locally...

i hear ya. :)

i just went to the dealership today and ordered what i need. should be here by friday i hope. i just ordered the rubber hose part with the right vacuum connects in the right places. cost me only $37. the plan is to use my wifes 02 air box with my new hose, plus LTTs parts i got off him last week. then on her jeep im gonna just extend her main hose a few inches by cutting the K&N plastic pipe short and clamping it all together. then connect the K&N filter to that and set it in place with the heat shield. sounds like a mess with hers, but i think it will look and work just fine. this will eliminate the need to re route any vacuum hoses or anything.

it will be a lot cheaper to make your own if you can. i wonder if you could go to a muffler shop and get them to bend a 3" exhaust pipe at a 30 deg angle or something like that and stick a round open filter on that? connect the filter and throttle body to it on both ends using a 3" rubber sleve and hose clamps. Thats pretty much all the K&N kit is anyway.

after i bought it, minus the filter, i thought, crap i just paid $300 for a 2 foot plastic tube.(blarg)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
it will be a lot cheaper to make your own if you can. i wonder if you could go to a muffler shop and get them to bend a 3" exhaust pipe at a 30 deg angle or something like that and stick a round open filter on that? connect the filter and throttle body to it on both ends using a 3" rubber sleve and hose clamps. Thats pretty much all the K&N kit is anyway.

after i bought it, minus the filter, i thought, crap i just paid $300 for a 2 foot plastic tube.(blarg)

Exhaust pipe, that RUSTS? I don't think so... Even stainless steel would oxidize some, and that would go right into your engine... It would rust AFTER the filter if using exhaust pipe, even Galvanized won't last... Believe me, I had thought of that before, then said, umm, what if it rusts INSIDE, and after the filter? Yeah, I don't think the engine will burn rust flakes too well.

Pep Boys sells the correct tubing hardware, CHEAP, and flex hoses; but Ebay has the DUAL cone intake system that I will modify. They're $40+, + shipping.

The correct tubing is of course, the heat resistant stuff, that is the little more expensive tubing. You can always WRAP the intake tube too...

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust pipe, that RUSTS? I don't think so... Even stainless steel would oxidize some, and that would go right into your engine... It would rust AFTER the filter if using exhaust pipe, even Galvanized won't last... Believe me, I had thought of that before, then said, umm, what if it rusts INSIDE, and after the filter? Yeah, I don't think the engine will burn rust flakes too well.

Pep Boys sells the correct tubing hardware, CHEAP, and flex hoses; but Ebay has the DUAL cone intake system that I will modify. They're $40+, + shipping.

The correct tubing is of course, the heat resistant stuff, that is the little more expensive tubing. You can always WRAP the intake tube too...

didnt think of rust. that would be a problem.