Locker Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
I'm looking to get lockers for the front/rear of my libby, I've made a list of things I'll be getting and they are on the top of that list.

That being said, can anyone recommend a good manufacturer? I've read that the Aussie locker is junk, and I've heard ok reviews about the Powertrax lockers.

Would ARB lockers be the way to go?

Also, what is a lunchbox locker?

Thank you for your patience.

The list looks like this:

Lift (already done)
Tires (already done)
Bumpstops (already done)
Lockers
Tow Hooks
Hitch
Light bar

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lunchbox lockers replace the spider gears in the OE carrier.Aussie,powertrax,and the like are lunchbox lockers.

If you want totally invisable lockers for street use then yes dual ARB's are the way to go,100% locked when you want them to be and totally open for on road driving and winter strret driving.I ran the Detriot True Trac in the front and a rear ARB and loved that combo.The full Detriot locker is another good one for the rear.

You do not want a auto locker in the front diff so basically leaves you 2 choices really,the DTT(LSD) or the ARB.

ArcsandSparks

Reaction score
Lunchbox lockers replace the spider gears in the OE carrier.Aussie,powertrax,and the like are lunchbox lockers.

If you want totally invisable lockers for street use then yes dual ARB's are the way to go,100% locked when you want them to be and totally open for on road driving and winter strret driving.I ran the Detriot True Trac in the front and a rear ARB and loved that combo.The full Detriot locker is another good one for the rear.

You do not want a auto locker in the front diff so basically leaves you 2 choices really,the DTT(LSD) or the ARB.

I appreciate the response.

I use my libby as a daily driver too, so I'd need the locker to be completely invisible when on the street.

Where is a reputable place to buy the lockers from?

Also, would I be able to do the install myself, or does it require special tools or knowledge?

Any other parts I should upgrade whilst I have the chance?

Also, I'm loving your libby.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the response.

I use my libby as a daily driver too, so I'd need the locker to be completely invisible when on the street.

Where is a reputable place to buy the lockers from?

Also, would I be able to do the install myself, or does it require special tools or knowledge?

Any other parts I should upgrade whilst I have the chance?

Also, I'm loving your libby.
Well since your in PA I would try JBA.

http://jeepinbyal.com/

I would regear at the same time.You will need special tools and you must get the setup perfect,there is no close in gear setups.Figure about $1200-$2000 to regear a KJ without locker cost if having someone else do it.The front diff has to be removed to be regeared and is the major factor in the increased price to regear a KJ as it adds about $400-$500 in labor to R&I the front diff.