Location of the Low-Side Service Port (2004, 3.7L Jeep Liberty)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamaliel

Reaction score
Hey there. Can anyone assist me in the location of the low-side service port? You would think they'd simply label the blasted valve but they don't. I am trying to recharge my system but I am not sure which valve is which and I do not own a Haynes Manual nor have I found anything browsing the web. Thanks a ton in advance, truly.

P.S - My apologies to the Mods if this is posted in the wrong section.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the valve on the little silver hard line right next to the washer fluid filler cap. You can't miss it.

Last edited:

Gamaliel

Reaction score
@ridenby: You see, thats the problem, they both look about the same size (at least the cap end) and thats just it, in order to see if the hose fits you have to remove the cap, but I didn't wish to remove the cap and risk a pressurized explosion lol.

@sevenhelmet: Thanks a ton! I think its crazy how there isn't a clear label as to which is high and low pressure for the layman, but live and learn, live and learn lol.

Gamaliel

Reaction score
So here's a question I should've asked first lol....the entire reason (I believe) for this recharging of my system is because (I believe) that I accidentally unscrewed a nut that keeps the A/C low side service port (or high, can't remember) In the 2 photos posted below, the circled pink area has one of the nuts to the valve I unscrewed (idiot no-no lol...luckily I did not get injured when it exploded out)

You must be registered for see images attach

Same area, slightly different view:

You must be registered for see images attach

Well basically, I may have contaminated the A/C system with air, etc. Currently I am trying to charge my system using Arctic Freeze Ultra Synthetic but to no avail. I follow every instruction (trust me, after the idiotic blunder with harming the system in the first place by foolishly unscrewing the valve nut, I am FAR more cautious and prudent now) well as I begin charging, the Compressor cycles on and off as I believe it should, the A/C is continually on to monitor cabin temp but all the gauge does is cycle from left to right and vice versa on the gauge that came with the refrigerant. I start to charge it and the needle never stays put, it simply cycles the entire time. When I squeeze the trigger I believe some ref. does enter the system because as the comp. cycles towards the right (where the "V" is located for anyone who is familiar) it gets close to the "red zone" and I don't wish to overcharge the system, all the while the A/C is still blowing hot air inside the vehicle.

It is a crazy situation but I totally enjoy the learning process. I commend mechanics everywhere. Its pretty exciting (sometimes scary) and fulfilling as far as wanting to know your own vehicle is concerned. Thanks for any and all input/thoughts.

Last edited: