lights- suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmullKJ

Reaction score
i have an 05 liberty limited and i was thinkin about putting some brighter lights on for the headlights and foglights. maybe a bright white or even blue? i figured i would just put this out there to see if anyone could lend some suggestions

thanks in advance

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score

tmullKJ

Reaction score
sweet i checked out those PIAA's they do seem to have some pretty good reviews. thanks for the suggestion

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Right now we're running cheap $9.99per pair Phillips extra output or something like that!
Biggest improvement was bending the chrome light bulb shields down and out of the way
of the bulb. Light actually projects further. Cheapest/free, best mod I've done for lighting.

sleepyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now we're running cheap $9.99per pair Phillips extra output or something like that!
Biggest improvement was bending the chrome light bulb shields down and out of the way
of the bulb. Light actually projects further. Cheapest/free, best mod I've done for lighting.

Dumb question time....

Can you explain this more please?

LOL I am lost on bending what....

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Dumb question time....

He means the little cone that sits in front of your bulb [that is intended to direct the light back toward the reflector housing and then out onto the road.]

Now that I wrote that I'm not too sure if it is mirrored on the inside or not ....

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Dumb question time....

He means the little cone that sits in front of your bulb [that is intended to direct the light back toward the reflector housing and then out onto the road.]

Now that I wrote that I'm not too sure if it is mirrored on the inside or not ....

Luke is correct.
And no it is not mirrored on the inside of the bulb shield.
It is easy to bend out of the way.
Just remove the bulb and use a flat head screwdriver and simply push it out of the way.
Eventually I'm going to remove the headlamp itself and heat it up in the oven, separate the lens from the reflector assembly and remove the bulb shield altogether.
Then when funds permit I'll upgrade to LED headlamps.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LED lamps are too small for just a plug and play type of deal. You would have to fab something up to get them to work right. I have been looking in to HID kits as they are priced pretty decent now.

Latest posts

Members online