Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepkj

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy the light bar from? and the plugs and all are there for it hidden under the apillar?:shrug:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the "How-To" - pretty much any question you'll ask is in there. There's an install thread with info. Some have the harness under the pillar, some won't. Mine doesn't. The only way to know is to look.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just my .02
they serve no purpose other than looks
you will drop probably $300+ before you finish
that is 1/2 the cost of a lift
why not lift?
it functions and at some point the coils and shocks will need to be replaced anyway

FWIW
I had a light bar on my TJ ,DIO by original owner
in 2 years I used it 1 time
pulled it and sold it ,well sold the 4 100W KC's but he had to take the light bar with them

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just my .02
they serve no purpose other than looks
you will drop probably $300+ before you finish
that is 1/2 the cost of a lift
why not lift?
it functions and at some point the coils and shocks will need to be replaced anyway

FWIW
I had a light bar on my TJ ,DIO by original owner
in 2 years I used it 1 time
pulled it and sold it ,well sold the 4 100W KC's but he had to take the light bar with them

Drop $300? I remember seeing the whole light bar kit run about $400-500 for it. This is the reason why I never got it. I haven't looked at prices for it in a few years. I lost interest in getting it.

I bought a set Hell 500FF's and installed them on front bumper. Even two extra 55 watt lamps make a huge diff when have them on with the low beams and fog lights. Plus you can use them on road when needed and get away with it a lot easier than a Light bar.

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have two hella 500's at home just dont know where to mount them

Right on the bumper - some renegades came this way.

Other folks have made a light bar that bolts to the bumper - looks way good on the 2002-2004 IMO due to the design of the bumper. Could fab/have one fabbed and mount on that.

I plan to make one for my 2007 and put a couple extra lights in there.