light bar lamp selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking to make a light bar as well as add a couple lights on a soon to be purchased basket and front bumper, ive been looking at rigid industries duallys and dually d2s for the bar and for bumper lights my question is which beam pattern would be best for the lightbar? im looking at the dually hybrid spots for the light bar, i figure they would be the best suited for the lightbar because i would be able to control the beam direction more so than a flood lamp, im just making sure my assumptions are correct? also i am wondering if it would be better to use a driving or flood lamp for reverse lighting or possibly a diffused lense?
thanks,
chris

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
It all depends on the type of driving you do in relation to the light output you want.
If its just for off road, I Personally like a combination of flood light and longer distance lighting.
Wide angle/flood light is great for slower speeds whereas driving beam/pencil beam lighting is excellent for higher speed driving.
As far as back up lighting, a flood light will give better illumination to the sides of the vehicle.
It all comes to personal preference.

I'll be getting at least two pair of the dualmy D2's for the front very soon.
One pair going to be installed where the factory fog lamps are mounted and one pair angled out to the sides to illuminate a wider field or vision to the sides of our Rig.
Then I'm adding (to start) a 20" Rigid light bar for further distance mounted above the winch.

By summer/autumn I'll have a rigid 40" LED light bar mounted up above the windshield for maximum light.