light bar help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03libbysprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to either build or buy a bumper mount light bar for my 03 kj.can't find anything.does anyone know either how to easily make one( no welder or pipe bender:() or where I can buy one maybe for a different vehicle that will work on mine? I know where the holes in bumper are so I'd probably have to be 30" or so..I have seen it done..thanks

03libbysprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it fit though? I thought the only place to mount a bar is thought the bumper.in the factory.holes where the tow hooks would be. Please.let me.know exactly how you did it and what modding it needed. And some pics thank u

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful measurements are needed so the lights do not hit the grill when installed.
You need to take off the bumper skin.
Then drill holes in the steel bumper and use nutsert/rivnut to mount.
I see you found the thread on LOST, I was going to link to that for pics,he did his on top of the bumper skin.
From those pics you can see what needs to trimmed on the bar.
Also the front hole needs to be moved back about 3/4" to hit the bumper.
The mounting holes will be close to the side frame so be careful to center the bar or the nutserts won't fit.see pic
Trim slots in the bumper cover.

Gyro

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not, but at a Jeep meet around here i saw one that was done nicely, still didn't look that great. Just my opinion though. just don't plasti-dip EVERYTHING

I don't even understand the point of plasti-dipping a 4WD, I could see it getting messed up or taken off pretty quick!

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my bumper bedlined on the Liberty. I didn't do it but it was done if that counts. Seems pretty rock solid.

I've never seen rims that have been bedlined.. Not sure how that would look since it's a rough surface not flat.

03libbysprt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did my.spare tire rim w bedline just.for ***** and gig looks good