Lifted Libertys and Tire Sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, so who's out there who originally bought their 245/70s, then lifted later, and is NOT planning on going to 245/75s or similar size for whatever reason?

I just don't want to cut into that pinch weld... I really don't want to cut that pinch weld. Besides, these tires only have 2500 miles on them so they're not going to be replaced anytime soon (Read: years maybe).

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did marlon

i had to get tyres before i could install my lift,

245/70R16 Before Lift

You must be registered for see images

245/70R16 After Lift

You must be registered for see images

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 265/70-16s without any cutting. It rubs on hard turns (mostly when backing up in tight spots), but nothing which makes me feel I've got to mod the pinch weld or the fog door covers.

Liberty Titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fouros, did you do a clevis lift? The front of your jeep is much higher han mine and i have the ome lift.

I don't know but he's parked on an incline. I know mine looks higher at the front when I'm parked on one.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Medium Duty spring on the front as i will be getting a Bull Bar next year,

So the front is higher as the springs are designed to carry more weight than is currently on the front

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on the lift first, but still only went with 245/70/16 Revos. I didn't want the risk of rubbing or the job of trimming. I did consider Dunlop
RVXTs in 235/75/16. I think they would have fit without any problems.

Members online

No members online now.