Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brkj

Reaction score
Can you a lift a kj using new OME front coils and rear springs while reusing old front struts and rear shocks. I know its not the most ideal situation but i need new tires and would like to go bigger. Wont have the money for lift, tires, strut assemble and alignment. Cutting out new struts and shocks is the only place i could think of saving some money.

Shocks are an easy fix later right? Struts I'm thinking not an easy fix later.

When replacing struts and shocks for a lift are they the same spec's as originals?

Is it hard to assemble your own struts, I've heard its tough?

Do you need to have the front end realigned right away?

Maybe i wont lift and just get rims and tires. I know a 16x7 rim with 4" BS will work on a lifted Kj but will it work on a non lifted Kj and stock tire size?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Liberty doesn't use struts. The rear shocks will probably not be long enough.

You will need the allignment right away. I couldn't get mine done until the next day and the drive home and to the shop was a nightmare.

I would say just wait a little longer so you can save a little more for everything. That is just my opinion though.

Non lifted with the wheels you will have some issues with that backspace.

Members online