lift to fit 265/75r16at's on stock rubicon alloys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a cheap solution for lift to get these tires to fit. they're almost new, "temporary" coming off of my comanche while i'm restoring it. they're on TJ rubicon type alloys.

I'm going to have to hammer in the pinch weld and modify the inner fender, no big deal.

Just need whatever is needed to fit that, cheap, preferably used so cheaper since I won't be reusing it. Anyone have knowledge on what I should run with, and of any used kits?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a 3.5 inch lift they should fit , don't understand why you need a cheap lift?
besides bending over the pinch weld I haven't done anything else and still run the liners with no problems

Plus any cheap lift like a spacer will never lift it high enough unless you want a hack job

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a 3.5 inch lift they should fit , don't understand why you need a cheap lift?
besides bending over the pinch weld I haven't done anything else and still run the liners with no problems

Plus any cheap lift like a spacer will never lift it high enough unless you want a hack job

Thanks.

Cheap because I now have 3500 into this thing, and there isn't a car on earth that I've EVER spent that much on in one shot. my 86 MJ fully restored with an engine and trans conversion I only had 6500 into.

I don't like having that much tied into a car. there's no point or purpose. money better spent elsewhere etc.

Also, I have crappy rims on it, crappy tires on it. I have these tires, if I could get them to fit using used parts, so much the better. if not, for the cost of the lift ($1500 to do it RIGHT), I'll buy new tires and rims so I don't have to lift it at all. I don't *need* it lifted. it's getting a plow put on it.

This is the one that should have gotten a 4.7 dropped in it. unforseen circumstances left me with a totalled 87 MJ, and since the 86 is also apart needing engine/trans work again, and I sold the black KJ, and gave the silver KJ to my dad, I was left with the choice of buying a crappy cheap DD car, or buying a used 3.7 to drop in this one so I have a set of wheels....restoring either MJ will take longer, and take precedence since they're a little more mainstream jeep, and I just like them better.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put 265s with a plow and with a plow you should still change the front springs. Also if you do go with 265s you willl want to regear. So with a plow you'll need new tires and front springs at the least. I think and Tom knows better but if you go with a lift and a plow you would need CRD front springs. Cheapest way with a plow new tires and front springs.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the CRD springs were the original intent.

New owner of black liberty put black rims on it, and had nicer tires on them already, so I will just buy the nice renegade alloys back and run with the solus tires for now.

I already have a spare set of 4.10 axles for it. The intent was to lift it and put 31x10.50 Yokohama Geolander AT's on it with the 4.10 gears on a set of Rubicons.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem spending money...on what I want. Right now, this isn't what I want. I do not think a 3.7 is the way to go for me...only reason for going this route is now when I buy the next blown motor KJ, I can do the 4.7 swap on it, test it, and swap drivetrains over when it's dialed in, and have no pressure on timeframe. That may sound asinine but you guys all know how particular I am about KJ's....I like them when they are exactly what I want. If they're not what I want, I am more than happy to sell them.

This is the body I want lol. Just didn't want to spend more money on it right off the bat, and with how clean the body and interior is right now, the corroded alloys and crap tires just don't do the KJ any justice.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a tidbit as well....the plow will not be used for more than my 1 mile stretch of driveway, and occasionally a friend's. But when snow falls, I've always put the plow on, plowed, and taken it off. I don't leave it on the plow vehicle...there's enough stress involved with plowing itself much less leaving 480lbs hang off the front of any vehicle, liberty or not.