lift more than 2.5"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ2005

Reaction score
Where there's a will there's a way. I've heard nothing but a 2.5" lift on a liberty will maintain the drive train, axle binding, etc. But many people are adding a clevis lift to their 2.5" kits, two libertys on car domain.com have a 5"+ lift and companies like jeepin by Al , known here because everyone love their a-arms, are going to have 4" and 6" kits.

main thing is knowing that if you want it bad enough, it's possible or else just do the solid alxe swap like that red liberty on the internet

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would think going any higher is not a good idea, however, just depends what ya like =P im kinda a MPG freek so any taller and ill cry :D

Reasons against:

1) 2.5" gets u a lot of places, everywhere most folks have the balls to take a jeep anyways, and even beyond that...
2) any higher and so so much needs upgrade (rear end, cv axles, ball joints, power stearing, differentals, ect ect..) all get over stressed and fail early or catostrphicly on the trail making u look like a jack ****
3) the costs of doing all that correctly so you dont break it are so so high, just go buy a wrangler (or two), or somthing that is supposed to take u where your libby cant go, rock crawling ect.

Resons for it:
1) hobbiest's delight,
2) prevents boardom...
3) fun to make somthing out of your ride few others or no one else has
4) get wierd looks from people as you pull up next to them and look down =D
5) fun to work on cars and learn how to do so so much to them

Pablo

Reaction score
The nice thing about the IFS is that if you lift it 2.5 inches-- you get a bunch more than that under the front end-- as the whole thing goes up. With the SFA, you have to put bigger tires on it to get more clearance. Between a 2.5 lift and trimming you can do most anything you don't need a heavily built vehicle for. Before you go higher, ride in a 2.5 inch lift and see. You may change your mind.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAF baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a few more months and my KJ will be riding on 35"s(HP D44 up front,Currie RockJock60 in the rear).

3) the costs of doing all that correctly so you dont break it are so so high, just go buy a wrangler (or two), or somthing that is supposed to take u where your libby cant go, rock crawling ect.
I rock crawl in my KJ,get to all the places I want and can hang with TJ's with up to 35" tires(the bigger rigs,37" or bigger,are real crazy) with little trouble.Tj's are to easy,I like a challenge so I'm building a monster KJ:D .

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive taken my kj places that lifted xj's and tj's go and I felt like my KJ was doing it better than they were, given I was locked and they were not.

I also felt that my kj, given its lifted, did much better than a stock TJ Rubicon was doing.

Members online