Lift kit package with R&Pinion. Where to start? Which one? 2in? Medium? 05 KJ Limited 3.7 "Trail rated" 170k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RABustaman

RABustaman's KJ 2005
Reaction score
I'm wanting a 2 inch full lift kit with shocks, springs, struts. Old Man Emu? I've read some negative stuff but their product descriptions sound good and easy. Also, my Rack n Pinion needs replacement or at least is leaking. How best to upgrade the R&P? And install a new full lift kit? Oh, and what does "trail rated" mean on my 05 Liberty Limited?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wanting a 2 inch full lift kit with shocks, springs, struts. Old Man Emu? I've read some negative stuff but their product descriptions sound good and easy. Also, my Rack n Pinion needs replacement or at least is leaking. How best to upgrade the R&P? And install a new full lift kit? Oh, and what does "trail rated" mean on my 05 Liberty Limited?
Trail Rated is more of an advertising gimmick than anything but has to pass certain tests
OME is the best way, never heard of any negative things
There have been over 60 OME lifts installed in my shops over the years , never any complaints
927 front 948 rear gives you 2.5 inches of lift with either OME or Bilstein shocks plus bumpstops etc and rides and handles 100 times better than brand new stock ever did
Rack can come out with disconnecting both tie rods of course and working it out the left side , ( write up on here somewhere )

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Rack- Is it leaking out one of the ends or is a power steering line gone bad?

RABustaman

RABustaman's KJ 2005
Reaction score
Trail Rated is more of an advertising gimmick than anything but has to pass certain tests
OME is the best way, never heard of any negative things
There have been over 60 OME lifts installed in my shops over the years , never any complaints
927 front 948 rear gives you 2.5 inches of lift with either OME or Bilstein shocks plus bumpstops etc and rides and handles 100 times better than brand new stock ever did
Rack can come out with disconnecting both tie rods of course and working it out the left side , ( write up on here somewhere )
Cool! Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online