Lift and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats up, my wife has an 05 limited, and i want to put a lift and tires on it with stock wheels... What do you guys recommend for both? I have heard that a 2.5" lift is the way to go, but where should i get it from and what tires should i put on it(size and brand) Thanks alot

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if you guys have any pics of yours with the look im goin for, id love to see them.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
For the lift I recommend either a Frankenlift from Boulderbars.com

http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift.htm

or just get OME springs and some Rancho shocks front and rear

http://www.offroadtuff.com/jeepsuspension.php

The Old Man Emu springs are the best out there for the KJ and will give at least 2.5" lift.

OME Front Springs Part# 927 Heavy Duty
OME Rear Springs Part # 948 Heavy Duty

Rancho Shocks

Front RSX17505*
Rear RSX17004**

Tire size if you keep the 16" wheels is a max at 245/75/16 with no major issues with rubbing, after that 265 will cause lots of rubbing and trimming plastic and pounding down pinch welds will be required.

Hope that helps.:D

dm1tonram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look at it but i think her ride has 17's, what is the largest tire that will fit on it with the lift and 17s

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I would recommend reading all the information in the lift and tire sections of this forum
Especially the "Stickies"
Almost all of your general enquiries will be answered in those pages of information.
Then when you sort of narrow down what you want, read all the other threads.
But, For what it is worth, do it right the first time and really look into replacing your factory suspension.
Especially if you have over thirty thousand (30,000.00) miles on your factory suspension. By then the factory coil springs have sagged, bagged out/worn out. The factory front struts and rear suspension dampeners/shock absorbers are also pretty much at the end of their service life.
Old Man Emu or (OME) coils are what you really should consider.
Weather you opt for OME suspension dampeners/shock absorbers and front struts or the ever popular Rancho counter parts, that is up to you.
Then of course there if the "Spacer lift (s)" which fellow KJ owners also use!
Ask them directly as to what they think of them, how they perform, or how they don't perform. (It all depends on what you are using your Jeep Liberty for!)
I, have waited for two years and going on six months to buy my after market suspension componentry. At first I was going to buy a spacer lift kit (DAYSTAR) but continued to hold off until I could buy the real McCoy!
A full Coil spring/strut/shock lift kit. (I have been waiting for just over a month for my goodies to arrive to my home here in Canada!, But, then again, what is another six or eight weeks? After waiting for two and a half years to get what I really want?)
Take your time and research every available bit of kit you can buy for your KJ (Liberty).
Everybody here will let you know in their own special way weather or not you are making a good decision!:D

I hope this blerb from Ryan has helped you a little!
(Cheers)
Ry'