Liberty with blown Engine - Would you Sell or Part Out?

Would you Sell or Part Out - Liberty with blown engine?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racerxix2003

Reaction score
Liberty with blown Engine - Taking a Survey - Would you Sell or Part Out?

Had an issue of a oil pressure sensor, go out - it was replaced along with oil pump. Drove with no lights going off, & the engine seized up - apparently pump wasn't working & the sensor didn't report it or Computer wasn't telling the pump to work ---- WHO KNOWS!!!!

Its 2002 Liberty 4x4 Black - asking what you would do sell it out right or part it out. I see you can buy 3.7s on Ebay from $950 to $1700. Offers accepted if some1 wants the whole thing. Any details would be helpful if you have experience in selling a vechile needing a engine.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neither. I'd get an older 4.7 v8 out of a GC or something and make it fit in the libby.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to be a downer, but I dont think the front axle can handle a v8, espisally a HEMI. But that would be SWEET!! =P~

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepkj02 said:
Don't mean to be a downer, but I dont think the front axle can handle a v8, espisally a HEMI. But that would be SWEET!! =P~

Since thats all in the same area, and I believe the engine mounts are on the cross member that the A-arm is connected to, swap the front end from a grand!!

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
jeepkj02 said:

Since thats all in the same area, and I believe the engine mounts are on the cross member that the A-arm is connected to, swap the front end from a grand!!

*cough * D44 *cough*

2003KJ

Reaction score
Who did the work on the sensor and oil pump before it blew up? Where you still under warranty?

Still, whoever did the work didn't fix it. They should be responsible for providing you a new engine.

racerxix2003

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Who did the work on the sensor and oil pump before it blew up? Where you still under warranty?

Still, whoever did the work didn't fix it. They should be responsible for providing you a new engine.

No, its not under warranty - I won't be upsizing the motor, thanks for the suggestions though. Mainly looking for info how the parts are in need & to see if there's any added value in parting (since it would take extra time) & see if anyone wants the whole thing right now!!!

racerxix2003

Reaction score
Here are some details...
2002 Jeep Liberty 4x4 Limited
3.7 - Needs Replacing or Alot of work.
Black, Grey Leather, Heated Seats, CD, Cruise, Keyless, 115K Miles, Side Window Deforost, Power Windows\Locks\Mirrors\Seats, Alloy Wheels, Fog Lamps, 4-wheel disc w\antilock --- No aftermarket parts on it.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's just the engine that is seized, is it not worth getting it rebuilt? At least with a rebuilt, you'll have warranty and it's like a brand new engine.

fuji

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a used engine and sell it for more than you could if you parted or sold it w/bad engine.

whiplash69

Reaction score
Do you want to sell the liberty? I am very interested in buying the jeep and replacing the motor.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would either get another 3.7 to put in it, or take the opportunity (as mentioned) to see if what I have figured out on paper to make a 4.7 function correctly will work.

Members online

No members online now.