Liberty Warranty Drive Train

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omstrat

Reaction score
Hi all , I'm a bit confused. I have an 2007 Liberty , bought new , just turned 40,000 miles yesterday.
Seems like I have trans trouble ( can feel the gears kick in when slowing down , slips than catches when accelerating,"clunk" from the rear ) The dealer says i only have 3 years 30,000 on the drivetrain warranty. Yet, I see LIFETIME on it all over the internet and some people telling me it's 7 years 70,000 ANYONE know the real story here ?
MANY THANX
:favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::favorites68:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different years=different warrenties. Check your original paperwork.

Basicly they all had a 3/36 bumper to bumper when you bought it new. Some years had a 7/70 powertrain in addition to that but 05 was the last year for that as far as I know. There was also a lifetime warranty but I am not sure when that started/stopped. There is an 8/80 federally mandated emissions warranty also.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Depends on WHEN you bought it new. If you bought it new after 7/XX/2007 (exact date escapes me, I BELIEVE it's 7/26/2007, then you have a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. If it was before that, you have nothing and are completely out of warranty.

If the dealer says all you have is 3/36, and they searched the VIP report to find out, then all you have is 3/36.

Last edited:

sugarmamaspickle

Reaction score
Depends on WHEN you bought it new. If you bought it new after 7/XX/2007 (exact date escapes me, I BELIEVE it's 7/26/2007, then you have a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. If it was before that, you have nothing and are completely out of warranty.

If the dealer says all you have is 3/36, and they searched the VIP report to find out, then all you have is 3/36.

7/26/07 is right.

http://www.jeep.com/en/lifetime_powertrain_warranty/faq.html