Liberty lift and tires????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opeykent

Reaction score
hey i have a 04 Liberty renegade and want to lift it. i found some spacers for sale that give 3". they say i can put up to a 33" tire with a 9" wide rim. has anybody tried a 10" wide rim, b/c i already have a set of those.
Thanks Opey

You must be registered for see images attach

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33s are a bad idea, unless you dont intend to turn...ever. Not to mention our weak drivetrain.

The 3" lift is also probably a bad idea. It stresses the CV axles to unsafe angles. Thats why 99% of the lifts out there are 2.5" or less.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
33's really won't fit. A 10" wide rim is also going to be way to wide.

The tire most people run is 245/75R16 which is a 31. Some run a 265/75R16 which is a 32 but requires significant trimming.

If the spacer lift has any type of spacer that is not directly inserted inside the strut assembly, it will cause problems with the struts and upper ball joints for most people.

Actually it's really not the extra 1/2" of lift over the 2.5" that causes problems, but usually the way it is implement. If you just want to take a true pre and post measurements than my franken-lift gives me a tad over 3" and very similar results for most people. 3" of lift is just is fine. They all just say 2.5" to keep people from questioning, but an extra 1/2" or so is not going to harm a thing.

If you are looking at the Rough Country lift, then I would think twice. Not because of the advertised 3" but because of the design. I can explain more in an PM if you like.

Check out
www.boulderbars.com
www.rustysoffroad.com

Both the Frankenlift and Rustys Spring lift are quality parts. Installed several of each and am runing the Frankenlift.