Liberty 5 hours of Exterior Cleaning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this was JUST after the waxing,, and rewaxing got rid of most of it.. maybe i just need to keep waxing til it goes away..

keep in mind that ive had the jeep maybe 2.5 years and id never doen anything to it but run it through a mikes wash.

no wax, no buffing, nothing.
Well, some oily waxes will look hazy and streaky if you apply it to thickly. Basically, if you add a heavy coat, the whole application doesn't have time to dry before you remove it.

The thing to do will be to add lighter coats of wax. One reason why the second coat was better is because when you wax over wax, it is slicker that the first application so you added less.

Try giving the streaks an hour to set and then try to remove them with a quick detailer.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i bet thats why it looked better after attacking it abit with the microfiber tha twas saturated with quick detailer!!! lol..

ok well my cloths should be clean now ill QD it again and see what it looks like..

and i was using Mguired cleaner wax.. ( basic metal can from wallyworld.)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The best time to check for swirls on a black vehicle is at dusk in direct sun...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Well today was clean the Kj day again, sort of a log now as it last got detailed in May and only washed once since then..yeiks.:(
Today was a bit easier as last time it got washed, I did the clay bar to hood and wax. Today was wash everything with bar to roof and wax.
I bought a nice quality soft paint brush with 2.5 inch of bristles to get around all the nooks and crannies. I found most of the dirt under the front grill deck and around the door trim and front and rear lights. I also found the the side door moldings and around the fenders needed the brush with soap on it to get it real clean again.
I can not remember ever scrubbing under the inside fender well and inside fasia, they were getting ripe. I used a nylon pan type scrubb pad and actually cleaned there today too. Yuk were they gross!:eek:
Total time today 2:45 and it is pretty warm out...time 4 a cool one! (Cheers)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya ok ..here are some close ups the wind came up and dust is already attacking !
Here I used the soft paint brush with soap to get at the nooks around grille etc.
35112[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

More soap on paint brush around light housing.
35114[/ATTACH]"]

Nylon Scrub Pad to get into wheel Well Flare.
35116[/ATTACH]"]

Even the Door Moldings require serious clean ups too. Dust attacked already here.
35118[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• FrontDetailing.jpg
    FrontDetailing.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 0
  • NooksCrannies.jpg
    NooksCrannies.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • InsideFlare.jpg
    InsideFlare.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 0
  • SideMoldings.jpg
    SideMoldings.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks HJ !
One More For the road....On the Stern, the brush with soap worked real well around the rear lights and gaps in the bumper to fender areas. Even though I hate getting into all these nooks and Crannies, I am starting to realize this is what makes the KJ's styling and profiling!:)
35121[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• LightHousing.jpg
    LightHousing.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 0

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to say that peanut butter trick is the best ever !!! But for the first 2 day`s there where fly`s lining up to get a lick of my fenders ! lol

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not recommend leaving Peanut Butter on fenders around here!:D
You would arrive back to the KJ to find no fenders....
As the bears would have ate them!SHOCKED.gif

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just another cleaning log entry. I used the Jeep this summer for camping and pulling the boat, and then stored it again in August.
I am bad, yes it has sat outside, and I have not not hand washed it since. About 3 months has passed and the only cleaning maintenance done, was a quick sponge and soap to the hood and roof, while raining outside.
Overall it faired quite well, because of the wax job in the spring. The body was extremely dirty, cleaned off easily, and this time I hand dried all the door jams, and under the hood etc, so all that is clean now as well.
With winter coming, and it about to drop well below freezing this weekend, it was a good time to wash. Nice to have it now clean and ready to go, if it decides to snow.
I have a feeling it will be on the road again soon with $ being spent to look at the transmission fluid leak and the lift kit going in as well. It will be $$ well spent.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
3 months has past since my KJ has been hand washed again. The 17 inch rims have suffered with spotty salt corrosion.
Before I installed the Rola Roof Basket I did give the roof another good coat of #3 Meguires, as I will now have to take the basket off to re-wax.
As a side note also mentioned under Rola Roof basket in General forum, I am pleased that I mounted the basket above the OEM cross bars.
This has allowed me to rig up a wash mit taped to a broom stick, and it slides under, to clean the roof now. The crows sometimes perch on the basket, and leave droppings, so I now have a way to clean the roof.
When it gets warmer a full on clay and wax is over due for the KJ.
38739[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• RolaWashMitBroom.jpg
    RolaWashMitBroom.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has allowed me to rig up a wash mit taped to a broom stick, and it slides under, to clean the roof now.

38802[/ATTACH]"]
Dude, that is straight up awesome. I always hate cleanin under my roof rack.

Can you elaborate more on how you rigged the wash mitt to stay on the broom handle?

Attachments

• RolaWashMitBroom.jpg
    RolaWashMitBroom.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If the chicks don't find you handsome, they'll at least find you handy... :D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
One of my fav quotes...

Red Green: Well, I'm not gonna be calling the U.S. Air Force, Harold. What do I say? We've got a missile? They take that as a threat, we're in real trouble.
Harold Green: Well, then, contact the Canadian Air Force.
Red Green: Harold, it's after six; he's gone home.