Libby won't start =(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights and radio come on fine, but engine wont start, there is a clicking sound. I popped the hood and found the negative battery terminal full of corrosion. Moist and hardened corrosion. a little bit on positive side. Cleaned the terminals reconnected and still get clicking sound with ALL lights and Radio working fine.

Any other ideas.

tonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also make sure the corrosion is not inside the bat cables, i had one one time with corosion about 6 inches inside the cable...

Also to stop the corrosion glue 3-4 pennys to the top of your batt the corrosion will go there insted of the terminals... when they get bad just pop them off and glue some more on...

Last edited:

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also make sure the corrosion is not inside the bat cables, i had one one time with corosion about 6 inches inside the cable...

Also to stop the corrosion glue 3-4 pennys to the top of your batt the corrosion will go there insted of the terminals... when they get bad just pop them off and glue some more on...

Thats a pretty good idea!! I might give it a try just to see it!

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is enough current to run the accessories, but not the starter. You can have it tested at most auto places, just to be sure. There is also spray to protect the terminals, my new batteries came with terminal "gunk" to keep em clean. Oh, also buy a good battery!

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I like a good non spillable battery.

I'm planning on it. My current battery is a mystery battery. NOTHING on it to tell you a thing about it, cept it came from the Battery Warehouse. And the #60. :shrug:

tonka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver anti seize lube will prevent corrosion
And is very conductive
Your battery may not be bad clean cables with coke
Have battery tested
coke is good but it takes to long, so i clean mine with baking soda mixed with a little water... works like a charm...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silver anti seize lube will prevent corrosion
And is very conductive
Your battery may not be bad clean cables with coke
Have battery tested
Actually your very wrong,the silver anti seize is not very conductive at all.You need to use the copper anti seize which is highly conductive and designed for spark plugs,O2 sensors,and high temp grounds.

Members online

No members online now.