Lever for 4x4 engagement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livinlrge

Reaction score
New-B here, 1st post. We've had our 02 Liberty for about 2 years. And the other day, while going to trade it in, one of the dealers guys that assest what your trade in is worth broke the lever to wear it os completley FREE. Meaning it wont engage at all!! Of course when we couldnt work the deal out, I didnt notice it until we got home that it was broken. (That will be worked out in court)
My question is has anyone had this break? And what was the fix? I belive it may be just the cable snapped, but.... Anyway thanks for the help in advance, and glad i found the forum:)

Jeepin Al

Reaction score
The lever is still attached? The transfer case is (I believe) controlled by a caple, check to see if the cable is broken, or fell off the transfer case.

Al

livinlrge

Reaction score
Yes the lever is still attatched, I believe it may be a cable broken, because the lever still actually teeters in the places its supposed to be. guess ill have to pull it apart this weekend and take a look. Any other ideas pllleeeaase let me know. Thanks again

Latest posts

Members online