leveling attemp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a DIY Frankie in the front and daystar 2.5 w/ bottom iso in the rear. The rear is about a inch lower than the front. I just bought a set of Rough country rear springs with 4 extra iso's in hopes of leveling it out. Opinions????
P.S. I know rough country *****, but I got both springs for $60 new.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cheap can still be expensive
I would rather pay more for something that is tried and true than waste money on something I knew nothing about
Not knowing spring rate of what you bought, how much lift they say you will get its a game of chance. Not that hard to install the springs and see how it sits if you need more height add the spacers 30 minute job

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I put the springs in today along with 2 extra iso's per side. Right now Im sitting at 22" in the front and 21.5" in the rear. I was really hoping to get at least 22.5" in the rear. If I where to remove the extra top iso's and put the 2.5" daystar back in, do you think it would sit to high?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you'd be too high
taking out an inch and adding 2.5 inches
wouldn't do it

trichard310

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting at 21.5" right now
remove 1" = 20.5"
Add 2.5" = 23"

Math seems right! Im going to try it anyways, I'll let you know how it turns out. As long as I stay under 23.5", correct?

If this works, I will be 22" in the front, and 23" in the rear. Also, rear springs should settle in a little I would think, hopfully end results will be 22.5"?

Lets find out!:think:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The rear coil springs will settle in.
Depending on how much cargo you carry in the back and how much off roading you do will depend on how fast and how much the rear coils settle as well.
When we're fully loaded with recovery gear and all our camping equipment our rear end actually sits about 3/4 to 1 inch lower than the front.
And that's with a Frankenlift with two extra half inch thick polyurethane rear isolators fitted!
Time to fit either a pair of coil over rear shocks like what Tom has done or add a pair of airbag booster springs back there to compensate for the added weight we carry off road.

Latest posts

Members online