Left headlight and ventilation fan problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiegoND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently noticed that I was driving with one headlight out so I went to change the bulb out but it didn't fix the problem. I checked the fuses and still all are fine. Does anyone have experience with this phenomenon? Also the fan on my heater only blows when turned to 3 or 4 but only blows on high (in case you can add to the response)
2005 Liberty
six speed manual

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Did you check both the low beam and high beam relay?

It's in the Junction Block, which if I recall correctly is behind the lower part of the dash board below the steering column (Knee kick panel) on the left side. Front right corner.
A micro relay.
There are four screws behind the trim panel/bezel that hold the Junction Block.
If my babbling/description doesn't make any sense... Maybe somebody else can elaborate this info more clearly for you!:eek:

The high beam head lamp relay is located behind the panel that pop's off (from the bottom) on the drivers side of the dashboard. Again, a micro relay.

Other than that, maybe you have a bad bulb. (I know you replaced the bulb, but It has happened to me! New package but faulty bulb!)

As far as the blower, check here:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26012&highlight=blower+resistor

Remember, search function is your friend!

Last edited:

DiegoND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I had a problem somewhere between the left low beam fuse and the connector so I ran a whole new wire. I checked the schematics and saw there were no splices or other connections that I needed to find so it has a new wire. As for the fan I took it to the shop.

Thanks