Led light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Money is good and the jeep deserve more upgrade before the summer.
Lift is done, have enough money for skid plate and I'm gonna have them installed around may so I was looking to add a LED light bar on the front bumper. Only problem is that it seems hard to find pic of KJ with one of those. I don't want a full length light bar, I was more looking for something around 20-24 inches or maybe 2 LED CREE spot. If you guys have one on your KJ or have pic of one or any other off road light option ( other than the Renegade light bar and the popular flood light ) I would like to see some pic of it so I can make my mind what kind of light Ièll get install while doing the skid plate.

Thx guys!

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen much....I think there was a black KK with one on the top....im not sure where I saw it though.

Are you wanting it on the top or on the bumper? Sorry its late for me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a roof rack on top is easy

Bumper would be like piaa_nissan did. Pretty simple really.

I would still have to cut a hole in the roof to run the cable to the switch no? Unless I want to run the cable all the way to the rear and run it by the lift glass. I was already looking to do that for some rear light mounted over the spare tire by some kind of home made bracket or on each side of the cross bar. But these one are just a big maybe.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would still have to cut a hole in the roof to run the cable to the switch no? Unless I want to run the cable all the way to the rear and run it by the lift glass. I was already looking to do that for some rear light mounted over the spare tire by some kind of home made bracket or on each side of the cross bar. But these one are just a big maybe.

Nope run it down the channel by the windshield

Its the third post....
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/roof-lights-48064/

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice. But still, I don't have a roof rack si it doesn't solve the drilling problem for a front top mounted light bar or led flood :(

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty nice. But still, I don't have a roof rack si it doesn't solve the drilling problem for a front top mounted light bar or led flood :(

Well time for a roof rack or maybe cross bars

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mount it on the bumper and be done

Yeah that's why I am looking for photo so I can make my mind what size and what type I prefer. The only local mod shop only have 48 inch in stock, everything else is special order and guess I don't want to buya 200$ light bar without any idea of how it will look XD

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am looking for different length so I can compare which I like the best. Seems that almost no one have done it with 20-24 inch light bar. Unless a photoshop guru could?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 20 inch on my bumper....but mine is FARRRR from stock

sirhk100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get this mounted? I'm looking to see what's involved in mounting a 20"-25"ish light bar to the top of the bumper but want to make sure there's something to secure to mount it to.

I've been using the search feature here and this one and the link that's in this exact thread to the 10" one is the best I've found. I'm not concerned about drilling and having to possibly fab some support under the bumper but I want to make sure there's at least something under there to tie into if needed to support it. It's a xmas gift idea for my Dad and I'm sure I'll be the one doing the install. Fab wise, I'm not concerned but if it's going to involve a 2 day project to rebuild half the front clip to give it some support where it doesn't just flex around then I'll abandon the gift idea. Any pictures or word or info on mounting a LED light bar on the front bumpers of these KJ's? I'd look myself but I haven't been able to get a peep under the front of his jeep when he hasn't been present and I know he'll put 2 and 2 together if he sees me poking around it...