Learned a Few Things about the KJ Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. Not actually sure when my light comes on, I immediately start looking for a gas station. My 'Miles to Empty' display reads 0 by the time the light comes on, and I've not thought it wise to tempt it into proving itself right. :icon_lol:

I think it usually takes about 18 gallons to fill, though, and I'm pretty sure I have the 20.5 gallon tank. So that sits right around the 2.7 gallon point.

I wonder if there is a way to re-calibrate that 'Miles to Empty' display?

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm. Not actually sure when my light comes on, I immediately start looking for a gas station. My 'Miles to Empty' display reads 0 by the time the light comes on, and I've not thought it wise to tempt it into proving itself right. :icon_lol:

I think it usually takes about 18 gallons to fill, though, and I'm pretty sure I have the 20.5 gallon tank. So that sits right around the 2.7 gallon point.

I wonder if there is a way to re-calibrate that 'Miles to Empty' display?

There is a reset button for the whole cammand thing but i dont think that would work. My miles to empty always shows 12 miles when the light pops on.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind about variations in filling your tank,,, very few pump areas are perfectly flat. Some have a lot more slope than others, the angle of inclination, up vs down, will make quite a difference how much you can actually get in a tank.

Bob

righopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This all brings up a good question. What is the reserve capacity or volume after the light yells at you?
50 miles for me. Don't ask how that got proofed. Lrt's just say the number is solid.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Learned that, on a steep enough hill, cruise control will use engine braking. It was rather shocking when it suddenly seemed to downshift. It also seemed like it did something further if that wasn't sufficient, but I'm not sure if it applied brakes or just cut fuel to the engine. Took a really step hill to do it, the one from Kentucky down into Ohio on I75 worked.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine will fuel cut any time i'm coasting down any grade, but then i'm a manual 6spd so that's about all it can do anyways. :D you can feel it when it cuts fuel too... ever so slight tugging, feels almost like it's using ABS to touch the brakes, but it's not.

jp7794

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"E" stands for excitement!

I drive the same long distance route often and cut it really close on gas so I don't get crappy Iowa ethanol. Last week the road was closed and there was a detour. Was sweating bullets and it took 19.7 gallons.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
My crd took more than its' capacity once when I ran it low. We all know oil companies are honest so I must have a bigger tank than other jeep crds.

I've been drawing prison bars over politician's faces in the newspapers for years... Thought I was the only person with that idea.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine will fuel cut any time i'm coasting down any grade, but then i'm a manual 6spd so that's about all it can do anyways. :D you can feel it when it cuts fuel too... ever so slight tugging, feels almost like it's using ABS to touch the brakes, but it's not.

Thats what I suspected it was doing, thanks for confirming. That's pretty cool.