Latest Gas Mileage report... almost 3K miles on my '05 now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkidMarkSteve

Reaction score
Best I've got is about 16 mpg, and I average 14. It's an '02 Limited 4x4. That's really pathetic. There must be something I can do to remedy this. confused.gif

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 weekends ago now we were on a good length road trip, about 580 miles total, and managed to pull of 26.5 or something near there for our trip with my wifes liberty. Its a V6 4wd and had 2000 miles on it when we got home. Has been pretty good so far except for the drivers and passenger door power windows keep breaking, and now the torque converter is starting to jerk the jeep around when backing up, but I will have the dealer fix it when it gets an oil change.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probably rule when it comes to worst gas mileage... averaging 11-12 mpg. I even have a Borla exhaust and K&N air filter, too. cryinghard.gif

Canyonero02

Reaction score
Worst tank so far with 4k on the odometer has been 16.9 all around town. The best has been 21 mpg all central IL windy highway driving at 70-75 mph. Not bad. This thing gets about the same as my F350 diesel, but that weighs 6500 lbs and has 320 hp and 560 ft/lbs of torque. Both have the same gear ratio (3.73) but the truck has 33 inch tires compared to the 28's or whatever is on a stock liberty.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SkidMarkSteve said:
eddiev9 said:
I probably rule when it comes to worst gas mileage... averaging 11-12 mpg. I even have a Borla exhaust and K&N air filter, too. cryinghard.gif

Holy crap!

Yah, my KJ spends more time running idle in bumper-to-bumper traffic than getting any distance in a day.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old Navy said:
If that was in the mountians that's fine, but on level highway not good. You may need your IP adjusted, know how on manual old MB IP, and VW electronic controled IP with the program in my laptop. But no one has cracked the MB software as yet to make aftermarket dianostic software.

Bummer, but at least my ScanGage works in the CRD as well as my Magnum. Has 14 gages, a scan tool and can clear codes, also can be used for monitoring fuel use like the EVIC from the factory. Only $124.95 on line here. http://pureenergysystems.com/store/ScanGauge/index.html

tell us more about this thing, Its so ugly though, i wouldnt want it b/c of that. Does it work with the 3.7 too.

Old Navy

Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
tell us more about this thing, Its so ugly though, i wouldnt want it b/c of that. Does it work with the 3.7 too.
Hey I don't leave it in my Maggie all the time, but yes it will do everything it says it will do in your 3.7L. I generally only put it in the car for a road trip, or if I'm checking for something such as codes or just the general health of the car. Rest of the time it sits on the shelf because it is so but uggly, one guy on the MB forum remounted it in a nicer box and one guy on the Magnum forum repainted it and made it look half way decient.