Latest Gas Mileage report... almost 3K miles on my '05 now.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
Just got back from a weekend trip out of town... Still very impressed with the new Libby. Ran flawlessly just like since the day I got it. about 3/4 highway mileage this weekend with the majority of that being on the Interstate cruising with the windows up and the air turned on at the whopping speed of right around 63 mph... results:

388.1 miles on 18.01 gallons (tank filled to the top of the filler each time) = 21.5 mpg. Not Bad... especially for a 3.7L gas engine carrying the family and a fair load of gear aboard.

Luis

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the same thing... in fact I've noticed that I get that MPG at 75 mph, but get even 23 mpg at 65 mph.

Not bad for a brick! wrc.gif rockon.gif luxhello.gif hump.gif (libpatblue)

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I get even 23 mpg at 65 mph.
Not bad for a brick! wrc.gif rockon.gif luxhello.gif hump.gif (libpatblue)

23!!!!! Dang... and I thought *I* was a pretty good driver. Is yours not a 4x4? I take it you have the 3.7L also...?

Luis

2003KJ

Reaction score
i got roughly 20.5-21 doin 80mph to the beach last month, a/c on the entier trip. I wouln't complain. And yes it's a 4x4, 3.7L

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went on a 200 miles trip this past week end and noticed i got 24mpg doing 45-50mph and 21-22mpg doing 60-65mph. So it does have a prime spot. 2004 3.7 4x4.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im getting almost exactly what the sticker says now, 17 in town 22-23 on highway. 5300 miles on it.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best I have ever gotten was almost 19, once.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kegjeep said:
im getting almost exactly what the sticker says now, 17 in town 22-23 on highway. 5300 miles on it.

Exactly!

Yes, I have the 3.7, with selec-trac. Funny how 23 is impressive, lol! My Civic that I just sold to my dad, he's getting close to 40 with it.

I am owned.gif chairshot.gif

evane007

Reaction score
I drove from Cleveland to Charlotte this weekend and on I-77 was getting about 20 mpg. AC was running whole time. Hate that stupid high pitch sound when the AC was going.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPG

I recently raised the tire pressure from 35 to 40 PSI. It seems to yield close to 1MPG improvement (about 4 cents/$ or 10 cents/gal).

With 18M miles, am now getting about 21.5 actual MPG overall (actual calculation + odometer correction). Being able to use 5th gear at low RPM makes a noticable difference.

Noticed the mileage goes downhill pretty fast above 70 MPH, (unless I'm in traffic or near a semi or Hummer)!

Anyone notice a difference when adding underbody armor?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just back from a couple day trip to Vegas. Going out, did a little wheelin' but coming back was a straight line. Not incredible mileage returns, but I got 21.7 mpg. Weather was nice, low 90's, I stayed above 70, less than 75 (or at least tried). Two passengers, and luggage. AC was going and set around the mid temp range. And hit some stop-and-go traffic, thank you CalTrans road work and thank you, no reason at all.
I tell you climbing out of Vegas, going over the pass, that's one hell of a climb, was able to maintain 65 on the climb out.
This was the Liberty's first trip to Vegas and it performed flawlessly.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kegjeep said:

yea to get 22-23 on the highway i have to be going 68-72 with AC off

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went on a 900 mile trip from Bethlehem, PA to Rockford, IL and was getting 21mpg doing 75 to 80mph the whole way (most of the time closer to 80). My economy was down 1 to 2 mpg through ohio because of the high winds, though.

PitViper

Reaction score
The best milage I ever got was 23.8mpg (v6 4x4)

I get about 20mpg going to work, and thats about half highway and half city.

falnanglnc

Reaction score
I took mine on its first long roadtrip to Houston from Austin today ( about 180 miles each way). I drove it through Houston city traffic, country roads, interstate, and did alot of sitting on I-10 as per normal Houston driving. It was 94 degrees( yep 94 in October) so the AC was cranking and I averaged 19.5 for the combined city/ highway driving.

I was hoping to see a little better but I will keep checking it in various driving conditions.

Jeepin1977

Reaction score
your milage may very

I just got back from the in-laws house with my 2005 Liberty CRD Sport and I got 28mpg! Not bad for driving 75mph(cruise control) and the motor has 2600 miles on it. Anyone else have crd's posting similar results just curious.

Old Navy

Reaction score
Our CRD Sport on it's first tank with all city driving, and I did flog it several ocassions, got 21 mpg. Then I did a 150 mile round trip on all 4 lane highway and it checked in at 27.7 mpg with CC set at 73 mph and I did two high speed passes to boot. No EVIC, all manual math.

I am running B10 50+ cetane fuel instead of the usual 42 cetane rotgut most common here in US and Canada.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bumped my tire pressure up to 40 psi for a 1500 mile road trip, and averaged between 22 and 22.5 at 70 mph the whole way.

Not great, but not bad either.

Old Navy

Reaction score
If that was in the mountians that's fine, but on level highway not good. You may need your IP adjusted, know how on manual old MB IP, and VW electronic controled IP with the program in my laptop. But no one has cracked the MB software as yet to make aftermarket dianostic software.

Bummer, but at least my ScanGage works in the CRD as well as my Magnum. Has 14 gages, a scan tool and can clear codes, also can be used for monitoring fuel use like the EVIC from the factory. Only $124.95 on line here. http://pureenergysystems.com/store/ScanGauge/index.html