Knocking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marky38

Reaction score
Hi there....We have owned this 2007 jeep for a year or so and put 10k on it..it has 178k when we bought it...Its always had this weird thuding, knocking noise coming from the engine or where ever in that area......it happens worse when at a low idle(like when the a/c compressor kicks on)..or just at an idle...I can feel it in the gear selector slightly..(its an automatic)..Im pretty sure i can hear a slight knocking when accelerating but not nearly as bad when its at a low rpm...Its irked me from day one when her dad bought it for her and she pulled it in the driveway...Any thoughts appreciated..Thanks!

marky38

Reaction score
Can you get a video of it? Is it RPM related?
Ill try and get a video..I tried before with not much success....And yes it rpm related....It sounds sorta like a hollow knock...Im thinking is a crank bearing or something like that...Would you be able to feel that in the gear selector?