KK Seats into KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awww KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I recall seeing something about the 2008-up Liberty's having available front seats that fold down so the interior is sleepable?

Is that right? It's been a while since I saw / heard / whatever'd that.

What's the swap potential into a 2007-down?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this one as well! I really wish the passenger front seat would fold flat. It'd make it so much easier to transport stuff!

Heck, I don't even care if only the front KK seats fit - I can get seat covers to make the front and rear match.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Yeah, the passenger seat folds flat.... I will measure the mounting holes tomorrow for you guys. The KK seats are a little more comfortable then the KJ seats to...

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm interested in that too!

Had it in the back of my mind to ask arroud and see if I can some how modify my passenger seat to fold flat.

Keep us posted!

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah..me too!! Now all we have to find is a junkyard that has a KK with good seats. In Europe.......

Maybe in 2018 or so...(rotflmao)

(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)(rotflmao)

Anyone knows what it is that prevents the KJ seats from folding? is it the mechanism or the cushion?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its both the cushion and the mechanism.
I'd like to put some seats in the KJ that fold flat.
Its awkward sleeping with the incline there.

But sometimes its useful. ;)

I think you're right - the mechanism certainly won't allow it, but even if it did I think the cloth would interfere.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Measurements to come :D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. This would be awesome if they line up perfectly. If the KK seats are more comfortable than the KJ's, then that without a doubt will the first mod my KJ receives.:cool:

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
OK these are just rough measurements, from left to right on the front post, ~13 inches, rear ~14 & 7/8ths and ~16 1/2 from front outside post to rear outside post

Post = center of the retainer bolt/stud