KK lift with 2.5" spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vatoeliozi

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I have Rough Country 2.5" spacers and want to lift my KK (2012), My friend said it's will be damage upper ball joints. your opinion?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will wear out your springs and ball joints prematurely, especially the uppers. The ride will be harsh at the same time.

The reason is that any kind of spacer lift (regardless of brand) puts a preload on your spring to get your jeep lifted. That stress causes other IFS components to fail sooner.

You can avoid this problem by getting a spring lift such as Old Man Emu (OME) either with OME or Bilstein shocks. JBA upper control arms with greaseable, replaceable upper ball joints are a great upgrade also, and will help get your alignment into spec.

Vatoeliozi

Reaction score
It will wear out your springs and ball joints prematurely, especially the uppers. The ride will be harsh at the same time.

The reason is that any kind of spacer lift (regardless of brand) puts a preload on your spring to get your jeep lifted. That stress causes other IFS components to fail sooner.

You can avoid this problem by getting a spring lift such as Old Man Emu (OME) either with OME or Bilstein shocks. JBA upper control arms with greaseable, replaceable upper ball joints are a great upgrade also, and will help get your alignment into spec.
Thank a lot

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spacer lifts are one the very worst things you can do to a Liberty
They are junk
Just do it right with a full spring lift using OME springs etc

Latest posts

Members online