KK gas tank skid plate rot: A solution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I was anxious when I started mine up after replacing the PCV Valve yesterday.

(But that's just me.) o_O

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just following up after driving about 25 miles: after my Mobil-1 oil change, new spark plugs, and the new fuel pump, I am really happy with how Jeepy drives. The engine is ultra-quiet, and settles down to ~600 RPM at idle with no hesitation. The Jeep feels like it makes good power on the road, and it drives smoothly. There are no rattles from the skid plate, no noises from the fuel pump, no leaks, and no evap codes or pending codes.

Oh and I put 19.485 gallons into the tank, including the 5 gallons from yesterday. No wonder it was out of gas! :p

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I know that feeling! Did you get the low fuel warning light?
You must be registered for see images attach

Reactions: klc

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes. When the light comes on in my 08 I have 2.5 gallons remaining of my 19.5 gallon tank. What is the capacity of the KJ’s tank?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My KJ also has a standard 19.5 gallon tank & wishes it had more capacity off road!
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't ya know I'd be low on gas..

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes. When the light comes on in my 08 I have 2.5 gallons remaining of my 19.5 gallon tank. What is the capacity of the KJ’s tank?
My 06 Limited has the 21-gallon tank. It can consume mass quantities of $.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My Jeep says it has 20.5 gallon fuel capacity. I know I was coming home late at night from a concert a few years back and put 20.2 gallons in it. The concert was in Akron and I assumed there would be gas stations all along the highway coming back home. By the time I found one I had about bitten through my lip.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI, ASFIR 4x4 is offering free worldwide shipping on their skid plates right now, in case anyone needs armor.