kjweston's kj converted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, maybe I missed it, what lift are you running, and how many inches?

I have OME HD and Rancho 17505 struts up front + clevis lift.
In the back its just a rusty's 2.5 inch spacer
It all equals out to just about 3"

So how tough was it to cut your whole front bumper? it looks real good!

Well I didn't have much choice. It kept ripping off on the trails and eventually broke. So I found that how to and decided that's what I want. Got out the dremel with cut-off blades and penciled in a line. The dremel cuts through that plastic like a hot knife through butter. The trick is keeping it even and level, and after that there's a little bit of stronger plastic behind it that has to be cut too. and then sand the edges to desired shape/flow and your good to go. Search around if you decide to do it. There's different places to cut it and they each look a little different.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
strike that.. I think I'm missing a front spacer for the coils, so in turn its not a true frankenlift and therefore not close to three inches. its 21" from center of center cap to fender.

AlexDisaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alexdisaster's kj conversion

This is a before and after of my kj and i have the same story as kj weston minus the xterra and the female vandalism..ha
You must be registered for see images attach

all stock except for the 550ffs and a kN filter

Now...

welds on the tow bars

AlexDisaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex, (guessing thats your name) did you just weld the ball mounts on? no bolts?

That is correct sir...well i didnt... my buddy at minekie (i cant spell) did and he also cut out my fogs...i have a question for you though... what did you do with your washer pump?

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct sir...well i didnt... my buddy at minekie (i cant spell) did and he also cut out my fogs...i have a question for you though... what did you do with your washer pump?

Its a 2 qt coolant overflow reservoir. Costs like 9 bucks at autozone.. I think there's a sticky how to on it. Called "washer bottle relocation". SIR

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its really simple. there might not be a write up now that i think about it. just examples.. here's how it goes..

Unbolt your washer bottle, pull it down and out (take the pump and low fluid sensor off first)

Then get some wood drill bits and compare to hole in stock washer bottle to find right width (I cant remember what it was)

Then go out to your local automotive store (autozone, advance, pepboys..) and by a 1.5qt coolant overflow bottle. comes with bracket..

Cut off the "nob" that's on the bottom side under the cap and drill your hole.

Then put the pump through the hole. re-use the seal thing off your old bottle. Some use rtv or some other type of sealer. But I only used the rubber gasket/grommet thing and doesn't leak at all.

next comes mounting the bottle.. All of us put it where I put in which is shown in the pic I posted. Only difficult part is drilling through the fender then the extremely hard metal body underneath..

Then take some spare wire laying around and extend the wires on the pump to reach around your air box.

Connect wires, fill bottle and enjoy your newly open wheel well. LMK if you have any more questions about it.

-Chase