KJ Wouldn't Start... No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hmm... if it never happens again, maybe it was just one of those once-in-a-kj-time events?

Well... I sure hope so!

EDIT: I still think the battery is dying. I just do not have any faith in DaimlerChrysler's batteries past 2 years. I've seen too many of them die in my face. Including what used to be mine! \:D/

MarineKJ

Reaction score
Man its your battery for sure. Mine just did it to my wife the other day. She has maybe put 20 miles on the Jeep in 2 years and it got her when she pulled up to a house, took a kid inside, came right back out and nothing. No dash lights, nothing except for the little electronic solenoid in the the back gate. I went over and diagnosed it as a soleniod or fuse after looking at the battery and clamps (Were on so good and tight had to use a clamp spreader to get them off. I have never seen a battery go out like that(took it out and hooked up jumper cables to it and could barely see some arcs and it was at night), but it sounds like a normal thing from these factory batteries. I'd get it replaced soon.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading that, I have to say this.
As someone who is currently crawling through a degree program in Electrical Engineering; I can safely and with confidence tell you that arcing the terminals with a set of jumper cables, is the WORST possible thing you can do to a battery.

There are hundreds of cases of people being foolish and wanting to make the cables spark, and the cables actualy weld themselves together at the tip and cause an explosive reaction inside the battery! It seems totally obscure and unlikely but believe me, You do not want to be the one it happens too, a battery can explode in a matter of seconds(well before you would think to rip the cables off the battery).
With explosions aside, you are also damaging your battery every time you do it.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on putting REVOS on the KJ before winter... and it may be time for a battery. Like stock tires, I have little faith in stock batteries. [-X

P.S... Mr. Tim... I honestly didn't get a single picture of the KJ. It's hard to when I'm driving.. LOL Your single right? I did get some photos of an old friend of ours that was visiting us. She's hot, 35, and currently getting a divorce (her ex is an bum and an fool). Of course she's in Denver... so you'd have to leave NC for her. (biggrin)

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I plan on putting REVOS on the KJ before winter... and it may be time for a battery. Like stock tires, I have little faith in stock batteries. [-X

P.S... Mr. Tim... I honestly didn't get a single picture of the KJ. It's hard to when I'm driving.. LOL Your single right? I did get some photos of an old friend of ours that was visiting us. She's hot, 35, and currently getting a divorce (her ex is an bum and an fool). Of course she's in Denver... so you'd have to leave NC for her. (biggrin)

LOL Thanks for the offer Aaron, but i've been happily in a relationship since December.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.