KJ vs Deer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JC said:
I actually felt bad I killed the darned thing. At least it didn't suffer though.

I also come to find out that this area is a known deer crossing and there are near misses daily. I went to our city council and proposed this solution . They agreed that it was a good idea and they are looking into funding.

Don't feel bad. The deer are over populated in most areas of the country, due to a greater food supply (most wildlife feed on our farms), and less hunting. We need to take better steps to manage the population. Unfortunately more boys these days would rather play video games then spend time in the woods and learn to hunt from their dads.

Kind of off-topic... Last month I was involved in a deer reduction hunt at my state's largest park (Brown County State Park that is 58,000 acres). It's a beautiful park with very step hills! It was my first deer hunt here in Indiana. In the past, when they didn't do reduction hunts in this park, everything was stripped that deer could reach. The little guys were destroying the vegetation.

It was a two day hunt that my neighbor and his dad and I went on. On the first day, we were around too many other hunters, and at my suggestion, we moved to a less accessed area. Right away I flushed two deer to my neighbor and his dad, where his dad bagged a buck! By the time we hauled the deer out of the woods, the day was over. On the next day, we each saw a few at a distance, but I think that they were well spooked from the day before.

So no, I didn't get a deer. I was hoping to have deer for Thanksgiving, and I think my wife was slightly disappointed in her man not brining home a deer... lol! Oh well, it was still a good two days carrying my muzzle loader around in the woods. I felt like a pioneer!

My neighbor gets two deer a year and it helps to feed his family.

Latest posts

Members online