KJ smoked taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some smoked taillights in today. One of mine was busted so I figured why spend $65 on one factory light when I can spend $89 and get a pair of smoked lights. Fleabay $89.05
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]
Figured I show off my other black beauty
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Thanks and hope you like em

Matt

Last edited:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to upload your pictures to a hosting site. Tinypic.com is pretty good, so is imageshack.us. They will host your picture(s) and give you a link that you can post into a message.

So go do that so we can see what you bought!nana.gif

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
20 dollars for used set of 05 tail lights and 11 dollar can of Nite Shades by VHT;) just saying if anyone else wants to go that route
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 dollars for used set of 05 tail lights and 11 dollar can of Nite Shades by VHT;) just saying if anyone else wants to go that route

wow that does look good

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
matto, those look more like Euro, not smoked. I have the same ones and I hate how whitish they look, I have been planning to spray paint them on the sides like what tom did, just black instead of red, have not had time to do it, plus I like how they (euro tails) illuminate on the sides, painting them will block that, especially for backup lights.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matto, those look more like Euro, not smoked. I have the same ones and I hate how whitish they look, I have been planning to spray paint them on the sides like what tom did, just black instead of red, have not had time to do it, plus I like how they (euro tails) illuminate on the sides, painting them will block that, especially for backup lights.

LOL glad someone said something, i was sitting here thinking um those dont look smoked, but figured maybe it was the lighting lol

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if no one likes them. I guess the smoked part is the back if the light itself vs. stock lights. i like them. I had to buy lights any way and i liked the look and i like them a lot more nw that they're on. I have a friend who is looking at vht niteshades. may be if his turn out ok i'll do mine too. then maybe a few more of you will be happy

Matt

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt... Come on, chill. I am using the same tails, just wanted to point out they weren't smoked, and I didn't like how they looked whiter against my Black KJ. If you like them the way they are, don't change it. Keep it the way that makes you happy.

Ahhh, we all should have friends we can have stuff tried on..

Tom, how many coats did you get on that lense, and did you sand it before hands/prep it in any way? Can't really tell from that first shot.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes your lights look great,
I was just showing an alternative to what you have
Sorry:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

How many coats, main body has 4 light coats, then I removed the tape from the "light" part and did two real light coats just enough to darken a little bit!
Very light sanding just to clean them more or less

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes your lights look great,
I was just showing an alternative to what you have
Sorry:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

How many coats, main body has 4 light coats, then I removed the tape from the "light" part and did two real light coats just enough to darken a little bit!
Very light sanding just to clean them more or less

Did you give a few coats of clear over them also?
I'm trying to figure out how some have a such a perfect shine to them...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom, your "light" area (rounds) don't even look like they got any coat on them, you did a great job. Normally you would have to do coat/sand/coat/sand/coat/sand/clear coat in order to get perfect shine, and if I am not mistaken night shades have different gloss classes (i may be making this up)

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Who sells that VHT, me likey the lights. Thinkin of blackin' out everything, rims (paint), front and rear, lights...maybe a hint of black on the headlights, just b/c I can;)

mattoo18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint your rims black and your jeep will look like this:

Minus the lift of course.
It would match your sweet bike SOOO much better. :D

Thanks about the bike. I love it. How did you paint the wheels and what kind of paint did you use? I kinda like it. I think it would be cheap and with a wheel spacer it may look pretty good when lifted. How much was the cost after you finished?

Thanks

Matt