KJ rear light protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have protection on their rear lights? Actually, other than Mopar guards? Or does anyone know of a company that makes real (non plastic) rear light guards for the KJ?

Thanks,
- Hammer

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tend to agree that these guards are more looks than protection. I mean the Mopar guards are ABS plastic, right? What's the point? After inspecting my tailights, it appears anything else would be mounting at the two taillight screws, or so it would seem. Drilling is out of the question, so I think I'll take my chances w/o and if a tree should jump out and spank me, I'll just replace the taillight lens.

Thanks for the reply.

- Hammer

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yep, it's ABS plastic, the point is purlely asthetics, as far as I can see.
it adds to the um....customization factor, since i hardly see any other kj in and around my area with en tail light guards......but yeah, if it never came with it, then it probably wouldnt have it...

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts without any influence from other means (imagination needed here).

If you were to mount the guards to the body and you backed up into something, hitting the guards, you might save the lens but you might bend the body causing more damage.

How often do you need to protect the rear lens when off-roading?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
My thoughts without any influence from other means (imagination needed here).

If you were to mount the guards to the body and you backed up into something, hitting the guards, you might save the lens but you might bend the body causing more damage.

How often do you need to protect the rear lens when off-roading?

I completely agree, my landladie's pathfinder had em, and i was looking at emwith my uncle, both us agreed that since it's bolted on the body, it would cause more damage if you backed into something and hit it, or if it got hooked on something and it got ripped off.....changing the lens would be cheaper than the mounting points on it, and the body panel that it would damage.....

i was glad that one's that came with mine were just taped...on...if it got hooked on something..buying 3m double sided tape would be a lot cheaper than anything..LoL

Members online

No members online now.