KJ owner from Jersey!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
Proud owner of a 02 3.7L KJ. Great to see a forum all based around my favorite and first car! Glad to be part of the community!

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!! You should find plenty of help and info here.

PS: Don't call it a car... Be proud of what you own, call it a Jeep, a KJ, but not a car... LMAO

nana.gif

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
i'm sorry about that three letter word lol, i will never use it again lmao.....bigrich central jersey....where abouts are you?

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
yeah, not to far away.....glad to see another local jeep fan....this forum pretty awesome, im glad i found this forum out

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea this forum is pretty awesome. theres a few more jersey people on here. theyre from either central or south jersey.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
yeah i see that, its funny when i first bought my Jeep, all I saw were KJs on the road, i was like wtf?!? i didn't know it was so popular. the reason why i went with th KJ was because my mom previously owned a 05 KJ renegade, and she loved it. shes still a proud jeep owner, but upgraded to the KK.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here i see at least 10 kjs on the road a day. my pops had an 05 kj and that was the first thing i drove when i was learning to drive and i fell in love with it. he wanted to upgrade to the KK also but it wasnt out yet when his lease on the kj was up so now he has a WK. when we went shopping for cars for me i was on the hunt for a kj. we went from dealership to dealership lookin at used cars when we finally went to a toyota dealership. my mom calls me and tells me to go to the back lot and there was the kj just sitting there waiting for me to take it home.

Last edited:

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
yeah, i looked around for about five months, i saw a few KJs but wasnt really impressed with any of them. Than I was on my way to my cousins and I passed the Honda dealership, and there she was gleaming in the sun hahah....i couldn't resist, i pulled over, made a U-turn, and that next day bought it lol...BTW, you like your HIDs? I was thinking about upgrading mine.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love em. so much brighter than stock. i got the 2 tone hids. my low beams are halogen and my high beams are hids. i already confused the hell outta a few cops already that tried to pull me over for hids. when i see a cop behind me at night i go under a really bright street light and flick them off and they just turn on another block because they thought they can catch me. but if u get hids make sure u tell them u want the ballasts with the bracket. my ballasts didnt come with the bracket instead they came with this not so sticky adhesive. as a temporary solution till i can find brackets for them i have one ballast zip tied to the battery and the other zip tied to the pcm.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
ahahha good idea....and any particular type of HIDs you can recommend? I'm not to car savy, but I'm getting better...

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get the 2 tone kit like i have. i dont remeber the brand but but if u ask around im sure u will find it. and if u do decide to get HIDs get 6000K. its white with a little tint of blue. they call it diamond white