KJ is gone. Thanks to all...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded in the KJ today for a brand new Mazda 3. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's helped me out over the years with my dumb-a$$ questions.

Have fun with your Jeep's...keep 'em muddy!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Why, if I may ask?

Anyway, good luck, you're always welcome on here!

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded in the KJ today for a brand new Mazda 3. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's helped me out over the years with my dumb-a$$ questions.

Have fun with your Jeep's...keep 'em muddy!

A Mazda 3......:confused:

You traded an '04 Liberty Sport for a Mazda 3......nono.gif

I believe that's a violation of Jeep Owner's Chapter 3, subpart 4.5....

The owner of any Jeep product may not at any time sell, or trade said Jeep vehicle for any other brand of vehicle with the following exceptions....
1. the new vehicle must be a solid front axle 4 wheel drive from any one of the big three American auto makers.
2. the new vehicle is a restored vintage 4X4 of considerable off road heritage as with older Range Rover, Toyota FJ's, Unimog, Chevy, GMC, Ford, or Dodge.
3. Any vintage vehicle listed above, with the expressed intention of performing a full and original restoration.
Trading a Jeep product for any vehicle manufactured outside of the United States is strictly prohibited.

Book'em Dano.......

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Slight corrections, SG...
The owner of any Jeep product may not at any time sell, or trade said Jeep vehicle for any other brand of vehicle with the following exceptions....
1. the new vehicle must be a solid front axle 4 wheel drive from any one of the big three American auto makers.
2. the new vehicle is a restored vintage 4X4 of considerable off road heritage as with older Land/ Range Rover,
Unimog, Chevy, GMC, Ford, or Dodge.
3. Any vintage vehicle listed above, with the expressed intention of performing a full and original restoration.
4. A Land Rover is an acceptable trade if it is wheeled, and it is not Silver.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why, if I may ask?

Anyway, good luck, you're always welcome on here!

I missed the fun factor of the point-n-shoot driving that the 3 delivers. We never were into the off road thing so we went back to a purely street car. 4-WD was a bit of a waste for us and it was just time for something different.

I never thought in a million years that I would leave Mama Mopar and buy a Japanese car, but the bang-for-the-buck value and fun of the 3 was overwhelming. Mazda has the 0% financing deal and they gave me more in trade than I thought the KJ was worth.

I will miss the engine being oriented the way God intended...driving the rear wheels (most of the time). :cool: It's been a long time since I had a FWD car on a daily basis.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I missed the fun factor of the point-n-shoot driving that the 3 delivers. We never were into the off road thing so we went back to a purely street car. 4-WD was a bit of a waste for us and it was just time for something different.

I never thought in a million years that I would leave Mama Mopar and buy a Japanese car, but the bang-for-the-buck value and fun of the 3 was overwhelming. Mazda has the 0% financing deal and they gave me more in trade than I thought the KJ was worth.

I will miss the engine being oriented the way God intended...driving the rear wheels (most of the time). :cool: It's been a long time since I had a FWD car on a daily basis.

Mazada is owned by Ford...so not 100% Japanese if you ask me.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once a member allways a member post pic of the new 3 and good luck with the new CAR as for the 4wd just another jeep wantabe LOL. I think thats a AWD on that 3 schould be a sweet ride JP1sport.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Ford does not have a controlling ownership of Mazda, so regardless of their stake, it is still a Japanese company.

Anywho, enjoy the Mazda. I know what you mean though, that is one heck of a fun car to drive. Pics? :)

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford does not have a controlling ownership of Mazda, so regardless of their stake, it is still a Japanese company.

Anywho, enjoy the Mazda. I know what you mean though, that is one heck of a fun car to drive. Pics? :)

Here she is...2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring
2.5L 167HP
Auto
Power everything...except navigation (I have my TomTom for that)
You must be registered for see images

Seriously...I've been a member of several other forums and you guys are one of the best...never got flamed on here for asking a stupid question and always got the info that I needed...along with a bunch of laughs.

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the 3 but as far as "bang for the buck" the VW's could not be beat
Our first choice was the GTI but it did not have quite the room
The Tiguan has slightly more room and is a little more DDing friendly with kids

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the 3 but as far as "bang for the buck" the VW's could not be beat

Hey Jason,did you end up trading the Lib in,cause my wife said she saw a black liberty yesterday with a LOST sticker on it.I asked if it was blue and a female driving it.She said she thinks it was black and couldn't see the driver.

Your wife's Lib is the only one I can think of that would have a Lost sticker.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 to the fun facter of the Mazda 3. I was seconds away from puchasing one until I got convinced to test drive the Libby.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree with you on the V-Dub...in fact that's how I got the KJ. It was originally my wife's car so we traded in my Dakota, I took the KJ, and she got a brand new Jetta. We absolutely love the thing...it's our 7/8th scale luxury car.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jason,did you end up trading the Lib in,cause my wife said she saw a black liberty yesterday with a LOST sticker on it.I asked if it was blue and a female driving it.She said she thinks it was black and couldn't see the driver.

Your wife's Lib is the only one I can think of that would have a Lost sticker.

Yep
KJ is gone
we moved across the lake and the mpg along with the 20K a year she is driving did not add up to keeping the KJ

oh and check out Northshore 4X4
I am on the board and we are having a M&G end of August at Fountain Blue state park

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the V-Dub...in fact that's how I got the KJ. It was originally my wife's car so we traded in my Dakota, I took the KJ, and she got a brand new Jetta. We absolutely love the thing...it's our 7/8th scale luxury car.

Which engine in the Jetta?
2.5?
2.0T?
or the TDI?

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here she is...2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring
2.5L 167HP
Auto
Power everything...except navigation (I have my TomTom for that)

Seriously...I've been a member of several other forums and you guys are one of the best...never got flamed on here for asking a stupid question and always got the info that I needed...along with a bunch of laughs.

Ugh id have to say though that is one smooth looking car !! Now i want one lol But maby as a 2nd car my love affair with the libby will never fade ! lol

Latest posts

Members online