kj broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last Tuesday me and 4 of my roommates go to get in the kj i click the unlock all the door unlock but not the passenger i knew what is was when it happened
the relay in the door went bad 250 to fix and i dont get it back till Thursday and i Tuesday when it went in 10.5 with out it :(

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did the kj break or did a relay go bad? :)

You sure it wasnt the locking mechanism in the door? $250 is alot to pay for a relay. This is the first Ive heard of this too.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did the kj break or did a relay go bad? :)

You sure it wasnt the locking mechanism in the door? $250 is alot to pay for a relay. This is the first Ive heard of this too.

it the relay lock work fine it just cost the much because i do not have the time to fix it with school and work so it had to go to the shop. 10 days i a killer with out it my mechanic told me it happens all the time to the kj i knew that was a lie

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the part is taking the forever with the holiday it will not be in till late Monday i went buy today just get kj back they never put my door panels back on and they will not sell me the part that for my jeep "because they have all ready started to work on it" i told him that door panels are the most ease part of a car to get off 15 min tops i fixing everything from here on i hope it get tuesday not later in the week

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the part is taking the forever with the holiday it will not be in till late Monday i went buy today just get kj back they never put my door panels back on and they will not sell me the part that for my jeep "because they have all ready started to work on it" i told him that door panels are the most ease part of a car to get off 15 min tops i fixing everything from here on i hope it get tuesday not later in the week
They can't do that,if they don't get it fixed in a timely manner you can back out.Have them replace the door panel(or do it yourself) and go to a better place.Tell them you found someone else to fix it,and they will fix it faster and your not paying,you may need to pay a diagnostic fee but that's it.They should have never taken it apart(except to findout what was wrong)unless they had the part on hand to begin with or specific word from you that it was okay for them to tear apart your KJ with the part wasn't even there and that they could keep the KJ till the part arrived.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess he means it was not working for 10 days?-edit, Im not sure what he means now. :confused:
I never use my locks anyway. I unlock my door with a key then unlock the passenger door if someone else is getting in. If its a girl then her door is open before mine so I must use the locks then.

Something about unlocking 5 doors when two people are getting in doesnt jive with me. :confused:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something about unlocking 5 doors when two people are getting in doesnt jive with me. confused.gif
You know you can change that so that only the drivers door unlocks on the first press of the key fob,the second press all the other doors will unlock.

I'm in/out of all my doors often(within min's of each other) so having all mine unlock with one press of the key fob is nice.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess he means it was not working for 10 days?-edit, Im not sure what he means now. :confused:
I never use my locks anyway. I unlock my door with a key then unlock the passenger door if someone else is getting in. If its a girl then her door is open before mine so I must use the locks then.

Something about unlocking 5 doors when two people are getting in doesnt jive with me. :confused:

4 people got in the passenger door will not unlock with the clicker or lock with the clicker or on the inside lock switch for that door so if i forget to lock that door after some get out its unlock even if i lock it with the clicker that why it getting fixed

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know you can change that so that only the drivers door unlocks on the first press of the key fob,the second press all the other doors will unlock.

I'm in/out of all my doors often(within min's of each other) so having all mine unlock with one press of the key fob is nice.

Not all of us have our garage in the back of our jeep either. :p

And yea, I have it set to unlock only my door with the first push but I said when 'two' people are getting in. Girl doesnt sit in my lap you know.. Well, she doesnt ALL the time. :D

Yea, I can see where it not locking would get annoying ripper. I do like to hear that horn honk so I know all 5 doors are indeed locked. Thats when I do like locking it with the power locks.

And if anyone is wondering, yes, I probably do have OCD. :)

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all of us have our garage in the back of our jeep either. :p

And yea, I have it set to unlock only my door with the first push but I said when 'two' people are getting in. Girl doesnt sit in my lap you know.. Well, she doesnt ALL the time. :D

Yea, I can see where it not locking would get annoying ripper. I do like to hear that horn honk so I know all 5 doors are indeed locked. Thats when I do like locking it with the power locks.

And if anyone is wondering, yes, I probably do have OCD. :)

yes i like to here the horns honk i dont know why. jeepjeepster i told my gf that door broke and dose not open from the outside anymore i was quite funny

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i like to here the horns honk i dont know why. jeepjeepster i told my gf that door broke and dose not open from the outside anymore i was quite funny

I personally like to hear a double honk. I also noticed how easy it way to change to horn. I think I am going to put in an 130 dB horn on the Liberty. Either that or a train horn if I can get one. J/K.

Members online

No members online now.